User Accounts

I have made 4 user accounts on my Windows XP machine (HP Pavilion t250.uk)
with Service Pack 2. However i want to share a game in the main account to
the other 3 accounts. How do I do this without installing the game again?

Thanks Iain
2 answers Last reply
More about user accounts

    It's easy enough to put the shortcut to the game in the All Users Start
    menu. But that's not the real issue.
    In general, many games won't run well (or at all) outside an account with
    administrator privileges.

    If you have XP Home, you're pretty much out of luck. Either run the game
    from an administrator account or run from a limited account with
    administrator credentials (by using the "Run as" menu option.) Either way,
    your administrator password is needed.

    If you have XP Pro you may be able to craft a group policy to allow users
    outside the Administrators group to run games on their own.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Iain Blackwood" <Iain Blackwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have made 4 user accounts on my Windows XP machine (HP Pavilion t250.uk)
    > with Service Pack 2. However i want to share a game in the main account to
    > the other 3 accounts. How do I do this without installing the game again?
    >
    > Thanks Iain

    Keep Your Start Menu to Yourself

    The items in the Start menu come from two sources: one that is
    user-specific and one that is shared. The Windows XP upgrade puts all
    existing Start menu items into the shared area. If you delete any items
    from your account's Start menu, they are deleted from each user's Start
    menu.

    To permit individualized Start menus, you must click on Start, select My
    Computer, and click the Folders toolbar button. Next, navigate to
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start menu. Right-click on that
    folder and select Copy.

    Now right-click on each user's folder inC:\Documents and Settings and
    select Paste. You may be asked to confirm replacing items in the Start
    menu folder; answer Yes to all. Finally, delete C:\Documents and
    Settings\All Users\Start menu. Now each user has a personal copy of the
    Start menu and can freely delete unwanted items without affecting others.

    alternatively create one profile log on and adjust it to fit your needs
    and then copy it to all subsequent users. To do this go into user
    accounts, create a new account and log on to it onece to activate it.
    Then return to the administrator account and under system properties
    select advanced > user profiles>settings. Highlight the user profile
    name to copy, and click copy to. Click on browse and locate C:\documets
    and settings\USERNAME, where "username" is the user account name to copy
    the profile to. Click ok twice to finish.

    I hope this will help a little

    Tokyosky

    Iain Blackwood wrote<br>

    > I have made 4 user accounts on my Windows XP machine (HP Pavilion t250.uk)
    > with Service Pack 2. However i want to share a game in the main account to
    > the other 3 accounts. How do I do this without installing the game again?
    >
    > Thanks Iain

Games HP Pavilion Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP