Warhammer online

gorudu

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
I recently bought warhammer online and it runs on my computer, but not very good. I'm not the most computer savy, so i was wondering what i could get to make it run better. I have 1 GB of RAM, and im running it on windows vista. I have an ABIT NF7-S motherboard. I think my processor runs at 2 GHz. I figure a new video card would do the trick, but what kind should i get? i have about $100 to spend. I'm not looking for godlike graphics, just something that can run the game halfway decently.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Thats not a whole lot of info to go on but i think its safe to say your money is best invested in more memory, theres very little released these days that will run smooth on 4gb.
Running Vista with anything less (may only apply to 64bit i dont recall) is not recommended and will hog that 1Gb

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Vista 1gb lol!!!

You should run at least 2gb.
Run 4gb and you have no probs.
Run 8gb and you can turn off the swap file.

Video Card - Go for one of the new Ati 4670's.

CannedTurkey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Memory is cheap, start with that. You can get away with 2 GB if you want to save some cash. If I'm reading the right specs your board won't support more than 3GB of DDR 200, or 2 GB of DDR400 anyway. Quantity is probably going to be more important than speed, so get whatever is cheaper.
If you're determined to get a video card, $100 bucks for an AGP card will probably limit you to a 3650. The 3850 is a much better gaming card, but I'm not sure you'll find one for less than $170.