My Games won't work.....

G

First some basic specs:
Vista Ultimate 64bit
64gb RAM
ATI 4870x2
Asus p5q-e

The other day I wanted to see what Flight Simulator would look like with my new card so I downloaded a demo of it to try. It installed without a hitch and when I went to start it up, it would say unsupported video card and would just crash. I didn't really card about the game so I just uninstalled it and went on. A few hours later I went to play crysis warhead and when it started up it crashed without a reason. I tried another game and it crashed also. I tried every game on my computer and they all crashed. (They ALL worked FINE before). Every other program on my computer runs fine including the standard microsoft games like minesweeper and chess, etc.
Some solutions I tried:
reinstall graphics driver
system restore
reinstall games
reinstall directx and run dxdiag
clean registry

I will try repairing vista when I get the os disc back next weekend.

P.S. I have 3dmark vantage on my computer and i tried running it. Much to my surprise it ran fine and my card passed with flying colors (like it should for the price heh). This is what really stumped me because up to that point I figured it had to be a directx or driver issue.
I appreciate all your time and I know it was a long post (you guys are the best :kaola: )

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
use driver cleaner to clean out your old drivers then reinstall the most uptodate versions for you 4870.

p.s

you eill generally recieve better response if you post correct specs, and dont double post.

G

Sorry for the double post, it said I was spamming so I did not think the first one went up.

Correction:
6gb of RAM

I've tried uninstalling the drivers several times but it does not seem to be the problem. The video card runs fine (it blazes through 3dmark vantage the benchmark program). If all else fails I am sure that cleaning the drive will fix it but I am hesitant to do that.

Any ideas?

Thanks!