nForce 1/2 built-in NIC and Wake-on-LAN ?

exXtreme

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
Hi all,

I have a question regarding to Wake-on-LAN feature and its implementation within nForce 1 & 2 chipsets. Also I have posted 2 other topics to Motherboards forum with details some days before:

* my problem with NV7-133R and not functional WOL - both nVidia built-in NIC and PCI 2.2 PME-compatible 3Com 3C905C-TX-M
* question about WOL and Asus A7N8X built-in NICs - nVidia and 3Com

Please does somebody use it on any nForce 1/2 board - wake-up from S5 (shut down) ? Which NIC is functional - built-in nVidia, built-in 3Com or PCI 2.2 PME compatible add-on NIC ?

I have daily experience with WOL on Intel-based machines and it works excellently.

Thanx exXtreme

<i>Simplicity. Of each particular thing, ask what is it in itself ? What is its nature ?
Hannibal Lecter</i>

RCPilot

Champion
I hope that someone can help you. I have seen your posts, but I can't help.

I've built several of them but always disable WOL. Have never used it except on a Sun Workstation at work, never at home. I just let them run 24/7 for the most part. I was looking at your threads & thinking that I might learn something new myself.

Sorry about your problem with it though, a good luck this time! Hate to see anybody spinning their wheels on something that is probably a simple fix, I would think.

If it ain't broke, take it apart & see why not!