Sign in with
Your question

What do I need to know about setting up my A7N8X?

Last response: in Motherboards
February 10, 2003 5:25:45 PM

I'm building a computer. I've done a ton of work upgrading computers but never built one new before. All the mobos I've put in have been preset so I don't know about setting anything.

I'll be getting a A7N8X Deluxe with a AMD ATHLON XP 2600.

I've heard that some things "jumpers?" need to be set beforehand. Can anyone tell me about this? Voltage maybe?

What drivers and bios will I need? I understand that nvidia and Asus have them available.

Also, how do I set up dual DDR mode? Do I just sit them in the marked slots?

Is there anything else I should know beforehand? Thanks.

More about : setting a7n8x

February 10, 2003 5:42:22 PM

Hello Mr. Holliday

As for jumpers and such, it explains all the settings in the manual. From what i know, for duall ddr, you put your two dimms in the blue slots. Your mobo drivers will come on a cd in the mobo box. Everyonce in a while a new bios file will comeavailable, you can also install that on a program that comes with the mobo.

<A HREF="http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3199" target="_new">Click here for a good Asus A7N8X FAQ</A>

This should help you get a good start

Good Luck

Rob

<b><font color=red>Nothin like a Pentium II furiously churning out a blistering 0.8 FPS on 3D Mark 2001!!!</font color=red></b>
February 10, 2003 6:02:37 PM

Thanks. That was just what I was looking for.
Related resources
February 10, 2003 9:58:14 PM

Perfect!

Good Luck!

<b><font color=red>Nothin like a Pentium II furiously churning out a blistering 0.8 FPS on 3D Mark 2001!!!</font color=red></b>
February 12, 2003 3:58:46 AM

The sound won't work if you have just win98. For everyone that still has win98, just a little tip.
February 12, 2003 1:58:23 PM

Read its manual thoroughly!

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
!