What do I need to know about setting up my A7N8X?

Doc_Holliday

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2002
I'm building a computer. I've done a ton of work upgrading computers but never built one new before. All the mobos I've put in have been preset so I don't know about setting anything.

I'll be getting a A7N8X Deluxe with a AMD ATHLON XP 2600.

I've heard that some things "jumpers?" need to be set beforehand. Can anyone tell me about this? Voltage maybe?

What drivers and bios will I need? I understand that nvidia and Asus have them available.

Also, how do I set up dual DDR mode? Do I just sit them in the marked slots?

Is there anything else I should know beforehand? Thanks.

tRiXtA

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
Hello Mr. Holliday

As for jumpers and such, it explains all the settings in the manual. From what i know, for duall ddr, you put your two dimms in the blue slots. Your mobo drivers will come on a cd in the mobo box. Everyonce in a while a new bios file will comeavailable, you can also install that on a program that comes with the mobo.

<A HREF="http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3199" target="_new">Click here for a good Asus A7N8X FAQ</A>

This should help you get a good start

Good Luck

Rob

<b><font color=red>Nothin like a Pentium II furiously churning out a blistering 0.8 FPS on 3D Mark 2001!!!</font color=red></b>

tRiXtA

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
Perfect!

Good Luck!

<b><font color=red>Nothin like a Pentium II furiously churning out a blistering 0.8 FPS on 3D Mark 2001!!!</font color=red></b>