terry

Hello,
Over 2 years ago I bought, for my brother and his family,
a HP 7915. I upgraded the RAM to its 512MB max. I installed
a PCI video card since it has no AGP slot. I've done a few google
searches but have been unable to find any information regarding
an upgrade of the 1.1GHz Celeron processor
If anyone knows or can point me to a website or forum I'd be most
appreciative. I'd also be grateful for any information about the make
of motherboard and if a BIOS upgrade is available.

Thank-You,

Terry

Terry,

The board may be capable of handling a 1.4GHz Celeron, provided it supports the
lower voltage of the faster processor. But, frankly, you will not see enough of
a speed improvement to justify spending the money. The 1.4GHz Celeron, being
the fastest 100MHz FSB Socket 370 processor, commands a premium price.

.... Ben Myers

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:39:14 -0400, Terry <terry@large.com> wrote:

>Hello,
> Over 2 years ago I bought, for my brother and his family,
>a HP 7915. I upgraded the RAM to its 512MB max. I installed
>a PCI video card since it has no AGP slot. I've done a few google
>searches but have been unable to find any information regarding
>an upgrade of the 1.1GHz Celeron processor
> If anyone knows or can point me to a website or forum I'd be most
>appreciative. I'd also be grateful for any information about the make
>of motherboard and if a BIOS upgrade is available.
>
>Thank-You,
>
>Terry

Hi
Did you have problems installing the PCI card. Am trying to do the same
thing with no success.
thanks
bk

"Terry" <terry@large.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Over 2 years ago I bought, for my brother and his family,
> a HP 7915. I upgraded the RAM to its 512MB max. I installed
> a PCI video card since it has no AGP slot. I've done a few google
> searches but have been unable to find any information regarding
> an upgrade of the 1.1GHz Celeron processor
> If anyone knows or can point me to a website or forum I'd be most
> appreciative. I'd also be grateful for any information about the make
> of motherboard and if a BIOS upgrade is available.
>
> Thank-You,
>
> Terry

terry

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your reply. I figured there would not be much
upgrade/performance worth fooling with. I appreciate you
taking the time to answer.

Terry

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:57:30 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
(Ben Myers) wrote:

>Terry,
>
>The board may be capable of handling a 1.4GHz Celeron, provided it supports the
>lower voltage of the faster processor. But, frankly, you will not see enough of
>a speed improvement to justify spending the money. The 1.4GHz Celeron, being
>the fastest 100MHz FSB Socket 370 processor, commands a premium price.
>
>... Ben Myers
>
>On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:39:14 -0400, Terry <terry@large.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>> Over 2 years ago I bought, for my brother and his family,
>>a HP 7915. I upgraded the RAM to its 512MB max. I installed
>>a PCI video card since it has no AGP slot. I've done a few google
>>searches but have been unable to find any information regarding
>>an upgrade of the 1.1GHz Celeron processor
>> If anyone knows or can point me to a website or forum I'd be most
>>appreciative. I'd also be grateful for any information about the make
>>of motherboard and if a BIOS upgrade is available.
>>
>>Thank-You,
>>
>>Terry

terry

Hello bk,
As I recall I had to disable the onboard video in the BIOS.
Other than that it was just a matter of installing the driver
for card. It was a few years ago but that's what seems to
stick at this point.

Terry

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:35:47 GMT, "You_Know_Who~
<you_know_who@att.net> wrote:
>Hi
>Did you have problems installing the PCI card. Am trying to do the same
>thing with no success.
>thanks
>bk
>
>"Terry" <terry@large.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> Over 2 years ago I bought, for my brother and his family,
>> a HP 7915. I upgraded the RAM to its 512MB max. I installed
>> a PCI video card since it has no AGP slot. I've done a few google
>> searches but have been unable to find any information regarding
>> an upgrade of the 1.1GHz Celeron processor
>> If anyone knows or can point me to a website or forum I'd be most
>> appreciative. I'd also be grateful for any information about the make
>> of motherboard and if a BIOS upgrade is available.
>>
>> Thank-You,
>>
>> Terry

Thanks. the bios doesn't allow that option right now, but I suspected that
was the problem. Will try to download a bios upgrade.