Aurora18

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
i've been waiting on this game for 10 years it better not be a let down from what i've seen they completley revised the combat system i kinda liked the old one who else wants this game (hopefully no DRM)

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Bethesda is publishing it, doubt it'll have an activation limit. Can't wait. Left4Dead, Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3, damn good gaming ahead.

SnareSpectre

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
I think I've decided how to get back at EA for putting DRM on Red Alert 3 - if Fallout 3's gameplay videos and previews continue to impress me as much as they have been, I will in fact purchase it INSTEAD of Red Alert 3.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I will be picking up this game. I will be picking up more games than I can play the next couple months. Fallout, COD V, Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead, GTA IV, and some more I can't think of because it's pretty late for me and the pres. debate is making me sick to my stomach (no need to comment on specifics or anything else because this isn't the place for that discussion).

ouroboros

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2007

Yes they were, but this game has little to do with them. I'm not saying that this game won't be great (pre-ordered it 2wks ago) but those of you that think it's going to retain the same "gameplay sensation" need a reality check. It's been 10+ yrs and we have a totally new dev with a completely different immersion factor.

As I said, I've got ridiculously high hopes for this game but I've heard too many people whine about how it's "strayed from it's roots". This seems to be more of a Fallout Reboot, adapting technical aspects of what many fans loved and incorporating them into the (more or less) same world/story with a totally different feel (1st person).

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
As I said, I've got ridiculously high hopes for this game but I've heard too many people whine about how it's "strayed from it's roots". This seems to be more of a Fallout Reboot, adapting technical aspects of what many fans loved and incorporating them into the (more or less) same world/story with a totally different feel (1st person).

This is a good thing, and if people are so nostalgic then they can just continue to play the other games. The market is heading in a different direction and I think that the newest Fallout is bridging a gap between several different types of gamers - it'll appeal to people who like the idea of FPS/RPG which I think at this point might be greater than the appeal of isometric RPGs.

It is a "reboot" as others said, its not going to be the same game at all - but I think that if viewed with open eyes it'll be easy to appreciate.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Im really looking forward to it... The closer it gets to release the more it sounds like the STALKERish type of game I love.