ABIT KX7-333 problem

Phantom_uk

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
HELP!!!

Every time I startup my pc, after a few minutes the screen freezes and I then get a blue screen, I restart the PC and then it is fine until it is turned off again for a period of time. I thought it could have been a driver problem until the other day when I was in the BIOS and it even locked up in there? Could it be a problem with the RAM?

I am running the following:

Athlon XP1900+ on ABIT KX7-333
128 meg PC2100 DDR (ebuyer)
Geforce2mx 32meg
Creative 5.1 live

I have tried everything that the windows help suggests, I took out all my PCI cards and it still froze, I even tried changing the video card, which is why I think it could be the memory? Has anyone else encountered similar problems?

Phantom_uk

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
The screen freezes and after a few seconds I get the blue screen, it says windows has been shut down to prevent damage to the computer and normally says IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but sometimes says other stuff or nothing at all, a file is saved in the minidump file every time it happens. My power supply is standard 300w

Kurisu

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Did you clear the BIOS? You say it freezes there, so maybe you messed with a setting or two. That's my best guess. :)

-This Signature for Rent-