Is my PC not capable of running WARHAMMER ONLINE?

4u2nv123

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2008
Good Afternoon all.

Im starting to believe my computer is crap for this new MMORPG game. I lag a insane amount when i run into town or other people and sometimes just by myself. Let me start off by listing my computer specs according to Nvidia's System information.

Im running P4 2.8 GHZ
Reference clock (FSB) 269.663 MHZ
FSB Freq 539.326 (ddr) mhz
Cpu Core Freq 5662.927 Mhz
Cpu multiplier 21.0x
Memory bus freq 539.326 (ddr) mhz

With all listed above (whatever that means)

I also have a 2gig ddr2 memory. Along with a geforce 9600 gt.

Could it be that i need a better processor? I feel like my cpu is playing "catch up" all the time when the gameplay starts to get a little intense...

Any light shed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

mi1ez

Splendid
Cpu Core Freq 5662.927 Mhz ?

Is it a pentium 4 or a pentium D? NV sysinfo seems to have doubled your CPU clock regardless.

I would say your CPU is most likely to be slowing you up there. What motherboard have you got? some LGA775 motherboards that work with Pentium 4 support Core 2 with a BIOS update.

Other than that it's going to be a chep pentium D (again, if supported) or a new mobo/CPU combo.

IMO

4u2nv123

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2008

I think the cpu itself is a older one. the socket is 478. i think my cpu chip is p4 2.8 533 fsb 512 mb

4u2nv123

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2008

what do you mean?
Is my video card not a decent one?
I also have a ati radeon 4850 with the same issue. heh..

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Cards fine, i had to read your post twice to see it though as its common for a spec list like that to include all you post on the subject matter (should that make sense!)

Case of l2read im guessing.
Your specs arent a million miles away from my current and i have the same probs. Im investing in a future proof MoBo (Biostar Tforce 790gx) with a cheap AMD x2 5400+ Total cost is well under $200, cant remember the exact im afraid.

I intend to run them with a 4850 and 4gb of RAM which will run the game a lot smoother.

As i understand it tho even high end rigs have a problem with WAR right now and the solution to that is developing the software a bit more which will come with time.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
2 gigs of ram is plenty.

Actually those specs are better than one of my gaming systems which is currently running Warhammer Online decently well (certainly not maxed out but not too badly either).

P4 3 Ghz, Geforce 7600GT, 2 gigs of ram, Windows XP.

I guess it all depends on whether you are being a graphics snob.

clay12340

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
As i understand it tho even high end rigs have a problem with WAR right now and the solution to that is developing the software a bit more which will come with time.

I've not seen a single hardware related slow-down issue with the game and I've got everything maxed on 1680 res. I've got some friends playing as well and they aren't having any issues though they don't have everything set to high settings.

The only person I know who is having performance issues with the game has a rather dated machine with a very weak video card. It is still playable for him as long as he isn't in heavily populated areas. In those areas the frame skipping is nauseating.