picture tasks missing

hi,all of a sudden my picture tasks on the left of the
screen has gone-so i can no longer view my pics as a
slideshow,the pictures are still there but not the
picture tasks-please help
roger.

Open Windows Explorer then TOOLS-->FOLDER OPTIONS. In the GENERAL tab
select the button SHOW COMMON TASKS IN FOLDERS and click OK. Once you do
this the FILMSTRIP option should be available under VIEW.