How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555098

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:31af7pF3agbp8U1@individual.net,
The Subject ® <The_Subject@the.village.com> hunted and pecked:

> How do I get Disk defragmenter to start up using " Schedule Tasks". I
> want it to run automatically at certain times. Additionally I have a
> partitioned drive so I want it to do both sections.
>
> Thank you
> TS

<snip>

There are two defrag tools in XP.

dfrg.msc that's the pretty one that opens from
Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools.

defrag.exe the command line tool that runs in the command prompt.
defrag.exe is the one that you can scedule.

Description of the New Command Line Defrag.exe Included with Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283080

How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569

How to Defragment Your Disk Drive Volumes in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314848

How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555098

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes