Disk Defragmenter

3 answers Last reply
More about disk defragmenter

    How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555098

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:31af7pF3agbp8U1@individual.net,
    The Subject ® <The_Subject@the.village.com> hunted and pecked:

    > How do I get Disk defragmenter to start up using " Schedule Tasks". I
    > want it to run automatically at certain times. Additionally I have a
    > partitioned drive so I want it to do both sections.
    >
    > Thank you
    > TS

    <snip>

    There are two defrag tools in XP.

    dfrg.msc that's the pretty one that opens from
    Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools.

    defrag.exe the command line tool that runs in the command prompt.
    defrag.exe is the one that you can scedule.

    Description of the New Command Line Defrag.exe Included with Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283080

    How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569

    How to Defragment Your Disk Drive Volumes in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314848

    How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555098

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes