Gigabyte SINXP1394 (SiS 655) review is here!

Anandtech has released another sis655 mobo review ...This time being the Gigabyte SINXP1394, once dubbed the 8SQ800Ultra2....I was once again impressed with this sis motherboard!...check it out <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1784&p=1" target="_new">HERE</A>
One question that I am wondering is; how long will it take before THG even aknowledges this boards existance lol...

<font color=green>Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza<font color=green>
6 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte sinxp1394 review here
  1. Do you think they dropped the 800 from the name because it won't support 800 mhZ fsb?

<font color=red> Committed to excellence, willing to make do with high average, able to get by on mediocrity in a pinch. </font color=red>
  2. I think it might be to reduce confusion in the line, such as between the 8SG800 and 8SQ800.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>
  3. What do you like better between the two so far, the msi 655 or the gigabyte?
  4. To support (or exploit) prescott, it has to be able to operate at 200 MHz fsb, correct? Yeah I'm a noob. They say they got to 164. I may not understand this correctly...

<font color=red> Committed to excellence, willing to make do with high average, able to get by on mediocrity in a pinch. </font color=red>
  5. These are listed on Newegg for $230 (no stock, auto notify)and pricewatch by some dealers I've never heard of for $320 +(holy crap!)

6. SiS will be releasing a revision in about a month to support the higher bus speed, until then...nothing.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Sis Font Green Gigabyte