Pop-up blockers

How do i remove pop-up blockers from the computer, i want to recieve
pop-ups. I am trying to get onto things where i need pop-ups and this
computer wont let me. I recently got this computer today actually and
so ya im a little confused.
Thank you for your time

--
egglestons1

Hi,

In case you are using Windows XP Sp2, here is what you can do to configure
IE SP2 pop-up blocker, see here:
http://www.whizatpc.com/techbit/tb0121.html

To the contrary, if you have any third party toolbars installed on your IE
for e.g google or Yahoo tool bar, try these steps:

1. Click Start, run, type "inetcpl.cpl" (with out quotation marks) and click
OK.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Under Browsing, uncheck the "Enable third-party browser extensions
(requires restart)" check box.
4. Click OK.

HTH
Venkatesh

"egglestons1" wrote:

> How do i remove pop-up blockers from the computer, i want to recieve
> pop-ups. I am trying to get onto things where i need pop-ups and this
> computer wont let me. I recently got this computer today actually and
> so ya im a little confused.
> Thank you for your time
>

> --
> egglestons1

See this KB article:

Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=843017

And since you've got a brand new box, also see:

Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet
http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/before_you_plug_in.html

Protect Your PC

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)