A problem with network connection

please help me...

why after I disconnected from internet connection, at a few moment later the
network connection auto-dial up will appear with this message :
"you(or a program) have requested information from fkn0wn3d.sytes.net.
which connection do you want to use?"
I didn't run any program that requested to connect to that sites above
(fkn0wn3d.sytes.net)
Is that a virus ?

--
thanks b4
3 answers Last reply

    A Google for sytes.net returns 113,000 hits but nothing for
    fkn0wn3d. It does sound like a Trojan tracking program,
    doesn't it?

    "S.Vita" <S.Vita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | please help me...
    |
    | why after I disconnected from internet connection, at a
    few moment later the
    | network connection auto-dial up will appear with this
    message :
    | "you(or a program) have requested information from
    fkn0wn3d.sytes.net.
    | which connection do you want to use?"
    | I didn't run any program that requested to connect to that
    sites above
    | (fkn0wn3d.sytes.net)
    | Is that a virus ?
    |
    | --
    | thanks b4

    Further Google searches turned up a hit that indicates you
    may have a virus
    see
    http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=101015
    virus; Virus Profile: W32/Vesser.worm.b
    Outgoing TCP traffic to one of the following remote servers
    (destination port 6667, IRC):

    a.. viccy.2y.net
    b.. viccy.dyns.cx
    c.. viccy.mycoding.com
    d.. viccy.mykgb.com
    e.. viccy.yaboo.dk
    f.. viccy.45z.com
    g.. viccy.my-ho.st
    h.. viccy.hthl.ca
    i.. viccy.iwas2.net
    j.. viccy.sytes.net
    k.. viccy.dynsite.net
    l.. viccy.teasercam.com
    Deletion of certain system files from the victim machine:

    a.. C:\boot.ini
    b.. C:\autoexec.bat
    c.. C:\config.sys
    d.. C:\Windows\win.ini
    e.. C:\Windows\system.ini
    f.. C:\Windows\wininit.ini
    g.. C:\Winnt\win.ini
    h.. C:\Winnt\system.ini
    i.. C:\Winnt\wininit.ini

    "S.Vita" <S.Vita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | please help me...
    |
    | why after I disconnected from internet connection, at a
    few moment later the
    | network connection auto-dial up will appear with this
    message :
    | "you(or a program) have requested information from
    fkn0wn3d.sytes.net.
    | which connection do you want to use?"
    | I didn't run any program that requested to connect to that
    sites above
    | (fkn0wn3d.sytes.net)
    | Is that a virus ?
    |
    | --
    | thanks b4

    Thank you Jim Macklin for you help..
    but I cannot open the internet sites you typed. (error message : "The page
    cannot be displayed")
    But, Norton antiVirus that installed in my computer did have told me that it
    has detected threats alert , and it cannot repair it nor delete it.
    they are :
    1. virus W32.HLLW.Gaobot that infected
    C:\windows\system32\scheduler.exe
    and
    C:\windows\system32\winhlpp32.exe

    2. Trojan Horse , that infected
    C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

    Now, they are stored in Backup items.

    Do those virus who caused the problem ?
    What should i do then ?

    "Jim Macklin" wrote:

    > Further Google searches turned up a hit that indicates you
    > may have a virus
    > see
    > http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=101015
    > virus; Virus Profile: W32/Vesser.worm.b
    > Outgoing TCP traffic to one of the following remote servers
    > (destination port 6667, IRC):
    >
    > a.. viccy.2y.net
    > b.. viccy.dyns.cx
    > c.. viccy.mycoding.com
    > d.. viccy.mykgb.com
    > e.. viccy.yaboo.dk
    > f.. viccy.45z.com
    > g.. viccy.my-ho.st
    > h.. viccy.hthl.ca
    > i.. viccy.iwas2.net
    > j.. viccy.sytes.net
    > k.. viccy.dynsite.net
    > l.. viccy.teasercam.com
    > Deletion of certain system files from the victim machine:
    >
    > a.. C:\boot.ini
    > b.. C:\autoexec.bat
    > c.. C:\config.sys
    > d.. C:\Windows\win.ini
    > e.. C:\Windows\system.ini
    > f.. C:\Windows\wininit.ini
    > g.. C:\Winnt\win.ini
    > h.. C:\Winnt\system.ini
    > i.. C:\Winnt\wininit.ini

    > "S.Vita" <S.Vita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | please help me...
    > |
    > | why after I disconnected from internet connection, at a
    > few moment later the
    > | network connection auto-dial up will appear with this
    > message :
    > | "you(or a program) have requested information from
    > fkn0wn3d.sytes.net.
    > | which connection do you want to use?"
    > | I didn't run any program that requested to connect to that
    > sites above
    > | (fkn0wn3d.sytes.net)
    > | Is that a virus ?
    > |
    > | --
    > | thanks b4

Network Connection Connection Dial Up Connection Internet Connection Windows XP