Sign in with
Your question

Duke Nukem Forever - XBox 360 Exclusive?

Last response: in Video Games
October 3, 2008 12:08:19 PM

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/Duke_Nukem_Forev...

lol I love these console magazines/websites that make such outlandish claims (It's been almost 2 years since I first saw that Crysis was coming to consoles on the front of a console mag). They came to this conclusion because

Quote:
"a source close to Microsoft has told us that all the screenshots that have been released for Duke Nukem Forever are using the same version and build of Unreal Engine 3 that Gears of War and Gears of War 2 uses, suggesting the game is exclusive to the Xbox 360."

So a game that's been in development for PC for over a decade is suddenly an Xbox exclusive because it uses an engine that that a console used in a few games (even though the PC also uses that engine)? Amazingly flawed logic or just trying to get attention with shamelessly fake headlines?

What worries me is that with all the talk of piracy and PC gaming dying out, will BS headlines like this drive more people to consoles?
October 3, 2008 3:18:49 PM

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about what's going on at a XBox forum if you're a PC gamer. It's like being a Yankees fan and getting all worked up about something said in a Red Sox's fan forum. And I highly doubt that anybody is going to read such a headline and throw their PC out the window so that they can rush out and buy an XBox.
!