local settings & internet history

I'm new to XP and I have seen from answers to other questions that to view
internet history, I need to look in documents & settings/user_name/local
settings/history. However, I do not appear to have a local settings folder.
Any suggestions?

To view your browsing history while in Internet Explorer, press Ctrl+H.

Ted Zieglar

"Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to XP and I have seen from answers to other questions that to view
> internet history, I need to look in documents & settings/user_name/local
> settings/history. However, I do not appear to have a local settings
> folder.
> Any suggestions?

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\History

Local Settings is a Hidden folder.

HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

To display hidden files and folders
http://tinyurl.com/4lxxn

--