local settings & internet history

I'm new to XP and I have seen from answers to other questions that to view
internet history, I need to look in documents & settings/user_name/local
settings/history. However, I do not appear to have a local settings folder.
Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about local settings internet history

    To view your browsing history while in Internet Explorer, press Ctrl+H.

    Ted Zieglar

    "Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm new to XP and I have seen from answers to other questions that to view
    > internet history, I need to look in documents & settings/user_name/local
    > settings/history. However, I do not appear to have a local settings
    > folder.
    > Any suggestions?

    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\History

    Local Settings is a Hidden folder.

    HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

    To display hidden files and folders
    http://tinyurl.com/4lxxn

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:83B10740-DAB6-457E-B502-EAC0718CDCB1@microsoft.com,
    Angela <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I'm new to XP and I have seen from answers to other questions that to
    > view internet history, I need to look in documents &
    > settings/user_name/local settings/history. However, I do not appear
    > to have a local settings folder. Any suggestions?

Internet Microsoft Windows XP