HP Pavilion ze5300 Notebook Hard Drive

Help please.
Just today my HP notebook gave me a blue screen, I restarted, and now
my hard drive is corrupt! I cannot boot up, I can't run recovery
console, chkdsk won't run when I try to boot. I tried running some
OnTrack easy recovery software, well it was like a diagnostic demo off
their site. Anyways, it failed all the tests it ran and won't even
recognize the partition. It just fails all the tests. I'm at a loss
for what to do now. Is may data recoverable? I'm still under warranty
so I know I can just get a new hard drive, but I really need my data
(obviously!) Thanks for any advice you can provide.
1 answer Last reply
More about pavilion ze5300 notebook hard drive

    justin@hinerman.net (Justin Hinerman) wrote in message news:<172bc99e.0407201759.49ebcdf9@posting.google.com>...
    > Help please.
    > Just today my HP notebook gave me a blue screen, I restarted, and now
    > my hard drive is corrupt! I cannot boot up, I can't run recovery
    > console, chkdsk won't run when I try to boot. I tried running some
    > OnTrack easy recovery software, well it was like a diagnostic demo off
    > their site. Anyways, it failed all the tests it ran and won't even
    > recognize the partition. It just fails all the tests. I'm at a loss
    > for what to do now. Is may data recoverable? I'm still under warranty
    > so I know I can just get a new hard drive, but I really need my data
    > (obviously!) Thanks for any advice you can provide.

    Since I posted this, I have tried numerous other methods to recover my
    data (Knopplix Linux to copy the files to another hard drive, this
    "r-tools" software that claims it can recover everything, but nothing
    will even see the drive. This blows, majorly. Help, please, thanks.

Hewlett Packard Notebooks Hard Drives Computers