Sign in with
Your question

IE flaw shuts down internet access at my work

Last response: in Windows XP
June 26, 2004 3:34:22 AM

Ok, I'm not complaining since I have admin privledges and obviously am on the net, but I feel really bad for the rest of the company who can't use the net until MSFT fixes this last flaw in IE.

How many bugs can one program possibly have???

<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue>
<font color=yellow>SWEDEN SE SWEDEN SWEDEN</font color=yellow>
<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN
June 26, 2004 3:46:10 AM

Quote:
How many bugs can one program possibly have???

WinXP is definitely riddled with holes and is SP2 going to resolve things or just create an environment for more bugs to surface?

Personally I went back to Win2K Pro for the time being, with SP4 Win2K Pro is extremely solid as a rock, its probably the best marketed OP/SYS Microsoft has.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=25..." target="_new">My Rig</A>
June 26, 2004 3:49:51 AM

Personally I don't really care about these holes since a good firewall will generally plug them, and XP has been super stable for me, but this isn't the first time they've cut off net access from all the employees.

SP2 is right around the corner isn't it?

<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue>
<font color=yellow>SWEDEN SE SWEDEN SWEDEN</font color=yellow>
<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN
June 26, 2004 4:15:52 AM

Quote:
SP2 is right around the corner isn't it?

Probably around the end of August if they don't run into any major setbacks, I was Beta testing it for awhile, its not only full of bug fixes, parts of XP have been completely redesigned, in SP2 you won't have to look for the XP Firewall, its in your face from the very beginning, one of the problems I ran into Beta testing was getting the XP Firewall disabled so I could run Zone Alarm Pro, because I had already paid for a 2yr subscription of ZAPro, but thats something Microsoft is working on resolving, because people will have their own choices of firewalls they want to run, microsoft is not going to be able to dictate that choice.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=25..." target="_new">My Rig</A>
Related resources
!