Asus Preparing Windows and Google Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
This is the tablet I have the highest hopes for! I think ASUS can deliver a stellar Android tablet. I would be shocked if their tablet came with Chrome instead of Android, as their prototype had the standard 4 Android buttons, and I think Chrome is more fit for netbooks than a tablet.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I like the gall ASUS has. Personally, I don't find much of a market space for Slates unless they also use a digital pen and have the power behind them to make writing feel more natural. Nothing natural about your pen strokes lagging behind.
One feature I would definetly like is the ability to connect to your PC and act as a monitor/tablet. I don't like how WACOM has a monopoly in input tablets. They haven't inovised anything about input tablets for 6 years.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Asus, please fullfill this wish list:

AMOLED 720p resolution screen with stylus (Pressure sensitive for us artist & photobugs)
SD/MicroSD reader
Bluetooth
Wireless N
USB 2.0 (3.0 may be too much to ask for now)
Cameras for pictures and video chat.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]schwiing[/nom]Asus Commercial:Tiny Phone! Let me put it in my tiny purse haha! Tiny Tablet!...Tiny everything![/citation]

Ha! Family Guy.
Hey not all tiny stuff is bad...

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
without knowing anything about this upcoming tablet, anything at all, except that it is Asus, i would preorder this over the iPad anyday. THAT is how much trust I have in Asus to make a better product than apple. (although that is not hard.)

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
The title is in my opinion a bit confusing ...

One runs windows the other runs google ?

I think it should be something like:

Asus Preparing Windows and Android/Chrome Tablets.

or at least to keep things consistent:

Asus Preparing microsoft and Google Tablets.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]Asus, please fullfill this wish list:AMOLED 720p resolution screen with stylus (Pressure sensitive for us artist & photobugs)SD/MicroSD readerBluetoothWireless NUSB 2.0 (3.0 may be too much to ask for now)Cameras for pictures and video chat.[/citation]

There is nothing magical, or extravagant about your list...the pressure sensitive screen might jack the price up, but in all it is doable...yet we get the iPad.

mados123

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
I really like Asus and their approach to technology. Regarding PC's, they seems to be the most progressive, dare I say, Apple-level of forward thinking. Imagine Sony without the 20%, established brand mark-up.

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
I too have the utmost respect for ASUS and their products. I am glad to hear they will be coming out with slate products and I will wait to see what they do with tablets before I make a decision about other unmentionalbe products. Just kidding to me Apple and Microsoft are like Ford and Chevy. People tend to have brand loyalty and some people take it to the extreme.

Oh and how much do you wanna bet it will be branded an eee product?

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]Asus, please fullfill this wish list:AMOLED 720p resolution screen with stylus (Pressure sensitive for us artist & photobugs)SD/MicroSD readerBluetoothWireless NUSB 2.0 (3.0 may be too much to ask for now)Cameras for pictures and video chat.[/citation]

For me, the problem is, while all that would be nice (well, personally, I would find Bluetooth and the camera useless), it DOES jack the price up, and while I really really want a tablet (yes, there's a market!), I'm not looking for anything that's in the laptop/desktop price range. Something more like $300 is acceptable to me, because I really just want it for something mobile, something to surf internet and draw with, fiddle about with, but nothing serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.