GB-8PE667 Pro won't install XP

psyclone

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
Hi i just built this system and it will not let me install windows XP. Once it has finsihed copying the initial files of the windows setup and display's the message at the bottom about starting window setup it displays the following error "Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF7.....)"
I have tried disabling everything i can on the motherboard, LAN/Audio/USB but the error occurs every time.

Specs as follows:
Intel P4 2400B
Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Pro
512MB Kingston DDR333 RAM
256MB Kingmax DDR333 RAM
Leadtek Winfast Ge-Force 4 Ti-4400
Onboard Sound/LAN/USB

I really need all of your help again.

:eek: <b>This is an exceptionally bas sig!</b> :eek:

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
Not sure if this web page helps or not:

<A HREF="http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBL/tip5500/rh5534.htm" target="_new">http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBL/tip5500/rh5534.htm</A>

psyclone

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
Thanks for your reply, i went and had some tea and when i came back i tried to install XP so that i could right down the full error code, and widows installed correctly, wtf?

I don't know what happened, there nust srtill be a problem in there somewhere, i don't know?

:eek: <b>This is an exceptionally bas sig!</b> :eek:

Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
hey, also have same mobo as yours, just got a new one back; as i had to rma the first one. it continuously restarted, then just quit.took it into the shop--where they tested and sent it back. now, have NEW one-----and a host of problems: when trying to install drivers for usb---notice comes up saying board does not support this feature!!! wtf?, then, when trying to install drivers for lan, comes up "has not been windows logo tested, ....could cripple system" again---wtf??. actually, did a format first, and re-installed xp(which didn't go on easy either!!) kept stalling with "24 minutes" to go!!! finally after 6 attempts xp is back on. but the driver problems persist, even went to gigabyte site for drivers---but same end result. i think i'll end up rma'ing this board as well. going back to asus!!! (after i contact gb)

<font color=purple> We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Toester on 02/13/03 03:56 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

alltaken

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
well i have the GA-8PE667 ultra 2 (2.4Ghz P4)

i have had no problems installing XP or anything.

the only problem is that the HDD keeps stoping then starting again (and when this happens the mouse stops responding)

it happens on emptying the recycling bin and dfrags, on system restore the HDD stops and starts about 30times before it finishes. is it the MoBo or is it the hdd or is it XP.

it pisses me off so much

Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
hey,i hear ya, right now, i'm leaning to the mobo, only because i've never had these problems with all my other boards; asus,epox,intel;
and i've heard of a bunch of other people with problems -----albeit, only with the newer gig boards like ours: 8pe667 pro and ultra. perhaps these boards were released a tad early, who knows for sure?? imo anyway!!

<font color=purple> We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
These Mainboards seem to regularly give problems.

<font color=red>DCB</font color=red><font color=white>_</font color=white><font color=blue>AU</font color=blue>

Steve_in_VA

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Bear in mind that the folks who don't have problems with their mobos usually don't post, so it's hard to generalize based on problem reports. For the record, I recently built a system with the Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra board, a RAID 1 array, 1 GB of RAM, XP loaded, and had zero problems.