Maybe a stupid question but...

AudiTT

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
I am building a new system for myself and trying to do it in the most cost effective way possible. I have been trying to read everything I can get my hands on for motherboards (P4) so I make the smart choice. I am however confused about one thing. I keep reading about nForce2 chipsets. What is this?? It seems that alot of these reviews reference integrated video. Does this mean it has a built in video card?? And if so I assume that would NOT be what I want since I intend to drop a 9700p Pro in whatever rig I build. Anyway I am leaning towards an Asus P4PE board assuming I am not confusing the hell out of myself somehow. Any help and clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Audi

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
you have made the right choice in asus p4pe as the mobo for your P4 and when you hear or read the term integrated video as in some mobomodels of nforce2 and others it means that the mobo has an integrated chip to serve as AGP controller it does offer economy but thats that it never comes close to the real AGP cards we buy as in 9700 pro
so dont get confused just do what you are doing but reasd the manual carefully

zepper

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2003
the nforce2 chipset is for AMD Athlon mobos. Intel need not apply...
.bh.

----------
Perhaps the only reason for your existence is to act as a warning to others...

sturm

Splendid
Most boards with igp (integrated graphics) come with an agp slot that u can put a different video card in. there are some that only have igp with no agp slot. The igp can be disabled in the bios if u upgrade the video.