Status
Not open for further replies.

XxuNkNoWnxX

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
Hi, I am not exactly the most brightest person when it comes to computers. I know some of the stuff like basics of building a computer, etc. What I need though is a build that I can do at probably the end of July because I will be getting the money around then. Here is some of the things I would like to be included in my build

-CPU: Core i7 930- 200$ i get discounts from a certain place

-Mid Tower case.

- 500gb x2 in Raid 0

- Also, don't include the monitor in the price. If u have recommendations please do, but don't include it in the price.

My main use for this computer will be gaming. ANY help is appreciated! :)

First, don't post the same thing three times. Second, there's an entire section for this (it's the System area, at the top of the forum). Finally, there's a layout that should be used for this (the link to it is in my signature).

Despite that, here's what I recommend:

CPU/Mobo: i7-930 and Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R $485
RAM: G.Skill Pi 3x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 $180
GPU: HD 5970 $700
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB $70. RAID 0 won't do much, will add $40 to the cost and will double the odds of losing everything to a miinor error.
PSU: Cosair 850W $120 after rebate
Case: HAF 922 $90
Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner $19
HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus (Check Amazon's price, Newegg's is obscene. It should be around $30)

Total: $1,694

XxuNkNoWnxX

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010

ok, first off yah, sorry for posting it 3x but i didn't do it on purpose obviously. I clicked it once and saw that it posted 3x and i don't know how to delete it. Another thing is I found that already and posted it there. So yah, my bad for doing that. Otherwise, thanks for the advice.

Also, doesn't RAID 0 make things load faster, download to the HDD faster and what not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS