HP Pavilion and Wireless On-Off Switch

Hello All,

Recently I replaced my HD in my Pavilion ze4630 and reinstalled windows xp.

I've gotten the MiniPCI HP Wireless 450 (Broadcom 4306) card working.
However, I don't have the front edge blue led on and the on/off power
switch also on the front edge of the laptop does nothing.

Can someone clue me in on how to enable the on-off switch on the front
edge of the laptop?

Thanks

Chris Nalley

Meatwad

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

I have a HP Pavilion ZT3000, you have to use the HP driver cd the the
notebook came with.

Meatwad wrote:
> I have a HP Pavilion ZT3000, you have to use the HP driver cd the the
> notebook came with.
>

> "Christopher Nalley" <cnalley@c0v4d.n3t> wrote in message
>
>>Hello All,
>>
>>Recently I replaced my HD in my Pavilion ze4630 and reinstalled windows
>
> xp.
>
>>I've gotten the MiniPCI HP Wireless 450 (Broadcom 4306) card working.
>>However, I don't have the front edge blue led on and the on/off power
>>switch also on the front edge of the laptop does nothing.
>>
>>Can someone clue me in on how to enable the on-off switch on the front
>>edge of the laptop?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Chris Nalley

I tried that, no go. Wireless works, but the switch does not.

Meatwad

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

The switch might be broken. You should call HP if your notebook is still
under warranty. And you might find help at this forum www.x1000forums.com

Meatwad wrote:
> The switch might be broken. You should call HP if your notebook is still
> under warranty. And you might find help at this forum www.x1000forums.com
>

> "Christopher Nalley" <cnalley@c0v4d.n3t> wrote in message
>
>>Meatwad wrote:
>>
>>>I have a HP Pavilion ZT3000, you have to use the HP driver cd the the
>>>notebook came with.
>>>

>>>"Christopher Nalley" <cnalley@c0v4d.n3t> wrote in message

>>>xp.

>>I tried that, no go. Wireless works, but the switch does not.

The switch isnt broken, It worked two days ago on my original hd. and if
I install that old HD it still works, just the new install the switch
doesnt work. Odd..

Chris

Meatwad

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

> Meatwad wrote:
> > The switch might be broken. You should call HP if your notebook is still
> > under warranty. And you might find help at this forum
www.x1000forums.com

> > "Christopher Nalley" <cnalley@c0v4d.n3t> wrote in message

> >>I tried that, no go. Wireless works, but the switch does not.
> >

> The switch isnt broken, It worked two days ago on my original hd. and if
> I install that old HD it still works, just the new install the switch
> doesnt work. Odd..
>
> Chris

Then it sounds like a software problem. Are you sure you installed all the
HP drivers? I've wiped my drive about five times now and I never had that
problem. But I also always install all the HP drivers. You should check
again.