how786

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
Hi,
I see practically no mention of Intel MBs. Lots on MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, Abit....I'm wondering why? Are the Intels not good? Mediocre? Unstable? Too expensive? I'd really like to know.
THanks
Howard

"We can do no great things, Only small things with Great Love"
Mother Theresa

tuesday630

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2002
Intel mobos are excellent. My guess is that they just fall into a different category than enthusiast are using. People who frequent forums are often enthusiast, versus the IS person who is looking for a corporate stable motherboard (which is where Intel shines). Intel rarely develops for the cutting edge when it comes to chipsets. Look how long it took for them to come out with a 533MHz FSB or even AGP8X (and they are the ones who developed AGP 3.0).

---There may be more than one way to do it, but why would anyone want to remove the fur from a feline?---

how786

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
Thanks for the reply!
Could you recommend an Intel that would give best performance with a 2.8? And have ATA?
Thanks!!!
Howard

Mother Theresa

tuesday630

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2002
Well, they all have ATA. Do you mean ATA 133? How much can you spend -less than $100 more than $200?

---There may be more than one way to do it, but why would anyone want to remove the fur from a feline?---

how786

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
I have a good budget so price is not an issue.
I just want the best combo of stability and speed.
Use is for gaming and photoshop.
Thanks again
Howard

Mother Theresa

tuesday630

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2002
If you're buying now (versus 2 or 3 months), and you want an Intel chipset with the lastest features for gaming speed, and price is not a huge concern, I'd go with the Gigabyte GA8INXP. It's hard to find it in stock, but it's a sweet mobo. Check: <A HREF="http://www.directron.com/8inxp.html" target="_new">http://www.directron.com/8inxp.html</A>

how786

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
Thanks,

I ordered it.
Howard

Mother Theresa