Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

Hi,

I've installed sp2. At least I think I have because I went through
windows update and did the express install. But apart from windows
hotfix sp2 stuff in add/remove I see no other evidence of it. There is
no control panel\windows security centre and no tools\pop-up blocker in
IE. Have I missed something?

Thanks

To find out if you have SP 2, go to Control Panel > System > General tab and
read the description under the word "System".
--
Ted Zieglar

"kenny" <kenny@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've installed sp2. At least I think I have because I went through
> windows update and did the express install. But apart from windows
> hotfix sp2 stuff in add/remove I see no other evidence of it. There is
> no control panel\windows security centre and no tools\pop-up blocker in
> IE. Have I missed something?
>
> Thanks

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

In article <OHn$QMK3EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, teddyz@notmail.com
says...
> To find out if you have SP 2, go to Control Panel > System > General tab and
> read the description under the word "System".

But where IS sp2? I went through windows update and neither in express
or custom install do I get the sp2 option. Every lead I follow takes me
back through windows update. Checking what I did yesterday tells me that
I installed -Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
2.0 and WinHTTP 5.1 (KB842773)- , don't know whether I needed this.
Question is - how do I get SP2?

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

In article <OHn$QMK3EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, teddyz@notmail.com
says...
> To find out if you have SP 2, go to Control Panel > System > General tab and
> read the description under the word "System".

This says sp1. So the question is, where is sp2? I went through
windows update and in neither the express or custom installs is there
any mention of sp2. All other leads take me through win update and the
same path, I still can't see the way through!

Go here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en
This is the download for the SP2