Any dedicated hardware site survey devices avail?

Duncan

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could recommend a hardware device that could be
used for site surveys & to check signal strength after I install wireless in
my office building. I could just walk around with a laptop or handheld but
that's not ideal for me. Needs to be able to pick up 802.11b/g and Cisco.
Don't need the ability to sniff traffic, just check signal
strength/availability.
Is there anything out there?

Thanks for any help!
-D

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Duncan wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if someone could recommend a hardware device that could be
> used for site surveys & to check signal strength after I install wireless in
> my office building. I could just walk around with a laptop or handheld but
> that's not ideal for me. Needs to be able to pick up 802.11b/g and Cisco.
> Don't need the ability to sniff traffic, just check signal
> strength/availability.
> Is there anything out there?
>
> Thanks for any help!
> -D