Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

crysis warhead memory trouble!!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 11, 2008 12:27:44 PM

My system specs ar
athlon x2 4200
2gb ddr2 800mhz
asus m2n sli deluxe
ati hd 4850
160gb hdd
xfi xtreme music

WHile playing crysis warhead crashes and i get a message tht windows is out of virtual memory..all my in game settings hav ben set to gamer except texture,audio,shaders,volumetric effects to enthusiast..i hav 2 gb ram which has ben said to be enough yet im having problems..is ther anyway to fix tis..i run windows xp..will increasing pagefile memory help..if so wat values to be precise
October 11, 2008 3:19:42 PM

This means you'd have to make the size of your virtual mem bigger... How big is it now?
October 11, 2008 3:21:00 PM

I meant the pagefile of course. Tom's **** up the edit function what a shame...
Related resources
October 11, 2008 3:23:43 PM

I set Page File to a fixed 2GB size.
AMD 6000+ X2,on board sound,2GB DDR-800 and 8800GTS (g92)...all settings on top end.
October 11, 2008 3:35:55 PM

Seems about reasonable. But try to make that bigger anyway for a change and see if the error still pops up. (System > advanced > performance > avanced)
October 11, 2008 6:16:51 PM

I run into allsorts of crap when I set a fixed pagefile (mostly with video and gfx intensive apps). I know it's not optimal, but setting the pagefile to system managed will solve your problems.
October 12, 2008 5:42:00 AM

wel it was system managed..but for some weird reason the pagefile was set to 0 by windows..the prob is fixed now i jus hav turn off my antivirus nd bakground apps nd i hav enough resources to run the game..but ther is a new prob now..im experiencing several graphical anamolies..no my gpu hasn ben overclocked..is anyone experiencing the same?
October 12, 2008 11:01:19 AM

I have a similar setup (x2 4800 ati 4850 gpu 2gb ram) with no probs. Have you checked your gfx card temps, that would be the first suspect?
October 12, 2008 4:48:37 PM

yea i use rivatuner to fix fan speed at constant 50 % so i get idle temps of 54degrees..nd i haven checked load temps..anyways i managed to finish to game..again disappointed wit the ending
October 12, 2008 9:01:08 PM

Yeah, the storyline is weak. I thought the last level was the best one though. But the driving (apc and hovercraft) and train levels sure did suck, felt like the developers were just too lazy to make better levels imho. I thought it was still worth buying though
October 13, 2008 11:58:54 AM

they seriously need to put a good story in ther els its starting to get really boring jus moving around shooting stuff..although the graphics wer alot better especially nd watchin things blow up everywher
October 27, 2008 3:39:23 AM

Your problem might not be enough physical RAM. I have XP and 2 GB of Ram. While playing warhead on 1680 x 1050 at medium/mainstream settings, my RAM usage is around 91% according to my G15 keyboard. For fun, I decided to set all settings to very high/enthusiast and I watched my memory fill up to 99% and then start dumping. It got down to about 87% and then my whole computer crashed. If you are running at maxed settings, you might not have enough physical RAM and increasing the page file probably won't help.
October 27, 2008 5:07:07 AM

red_star said:
they seriously need to put a good story in ther els its starting to get really boring jus moving around shooting stuff..although the graphics wer alot better especially nd watchin things blow up everywher


If you want story and good graphics you gotta go with VALVe games. VALVe works on and makes the best damn stories. But Crytek is young and hopefully will learn to make a decent story. To me Crysis was just FC rehased with a nano suit. Same setting (Island) and Aliens.

Haven't played Warhead but I have heard that its story lacks but Psycho makes it a bit better.

jedi940 said:
Your problem might not be enough physical RAM. I have XP and 2 GB of Ram. While playing warhead on 1680 x 1050 at medium/mainstream settings, my RAM usage is around 91% according to my G15 keyboard. For fun, I decided to set all settings to very high/enthusiast and I watched my memory fill up to 99% and then start dumping. It got down to about 87% and then my whole computer crashed. If you are running at maxed settings, you might not have enough physical RAM and increasing the page file probably won't help.


Huh. Might be a memory leak then. Crysis had a bad one when it first came out and of 4GB it was using about 95% after a few hours of play. Caused a big ol crash. That means you will have to wait for a patch then.

And from what I have read they are only doing patches for Warhead now, no more for the original game. Kinda sucks really.
October 27, 2008 11:35:33 AM

Im running a 4870 and 4gb ram, last night playing crysis wars I started getting major lag (after a few hours) and then it hung, checked my system resources and my physical memory usage was maxed, so it looks like some kinda memory leak to me.
October 27, 2008 11:45:51 AM

Thats quite bad that their new releases after Crysis have a memory leak considering they patched it in Crysis with patch 1.2 I think. You would think the newer releases and games would have that patched to. thats just bad when it maxes out 4GB. Just a few years ago 2GB was more than enough.
October 27, 2008 4:10:09 PM

jimmysmitty said:
Thats quite bad that their new releases after Crysis have a memory leak considering they patched it in Crysis with patch 1.2 I think. You would think the newer releases and games would have that patched to. thats just bad when it maxes out 4GB. Just a few years ago 2GB was more than enough.

Couldn't agree with you more there buddy. I have a HD 4870 and 3GB of ram (that's all the OS would support so why get more) and an Athlon 64 X2 5400+ BE @ 3.33 Ghz and when the game crashes the memory is usually maxed out. So ya I would say there's a leak somewhere.
!