Windows Media Player

I am using windows Media Player 10.00.00.3646
I am using a Dell Dimension 4500 Computer
My OS is Windows XP Professional
How do I convert WMA files to mp3 files.
I want to move them to iTunes
I'm viewing:
One or more of the songs are in the WMA format and could
not be converted
You need to install Windows Media player 9 Series or later
before iTunes can convert these songs and add them to your
Music Library.
Thank you for your help,
meadow

You need a program to convert the format, MP3 is a licensed
format, so you will have to pay something. Try Google. You
can get Audacity from Sourceforge.net and it will allow you
to edit sound files. But it does not convert AAC or WMA
files to MP3, it does have instructions and links to
programs that they recommend.

"meadow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:153701c4dca8$4bbab440$a501280a@phx.gbl...