In need of opinions for High end rig im selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomousVox

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Hello to all who respond, i am in need of advice or help with estimating the best value for a current rig im selling. I need advice like best possible place to list and what would be fair pricing.

Specs:
Case: Coolermaster Cosmos Pure Black (modified side pannel, installed a 120 mm fanhole and fan with black mesh billet grill-maxed case fans with red led)
Cpu: Amd Phenom 2 x4 955 BE
Cooler: Corsair H50 (in a push/pull config with 2x 120mm noiseblocker fans 1800 rpm)
MotherBoard: Asus Crosshair 3
Ram: 8 GB Corsair Domintor 1333mhz (runs at correct timings)
Gpu: 2x HD 5850 Crossfirex (Sapphire)
Hdd: western digital Caviar 1TB
Drive: Liteon 24x
Psu: Corsair 850 Watt
Includes Windows vista Ultimate 64
all cables are sleaved (except a few fan cables)

I was planning on listing it for 1400 but would be very appreciative if i got other opinions, knowing that most gamers arnt made of money and this isnt brand new but as always very well maintained. All parts are no older then 6 months.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wish i could have taken a better photo
Thanks for any help or maybe interests.

Depends on how soon you need the $$. I would start out with $1200 and wait about 7 days for any offers. The vista operating system is a big negative for gamers, so it reduces the system value. You can list on your local craigslist for free. Be sure to save your email response from craigslist. You will want to delete the post after about 3 days and start over since the listing gets bumped down rather quickly by newer posts. Then post a new ad. You can also list it on anandtech's for sale forum if you register. Good luck.

salvilla

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
I would recommend Craigslist. I have sold PC's on there. The fact that I can handle the transactions locally is a big plus. There are a lot of scammers out there, both sellers and buyers, so for me, being able to do a face to face exchange is valuable. I don't have to worry about shipping or getting paid. Like the previous poster said, the value of your PC will be greatly dependent on how fast you want to sale it. One thing to remember is that components depreciate quickly. Your PC today is probably not worth what you paid yesterday. One thing to remember is that many PC's on Craigslist are extremely overpriced, so if you price yours appropriately it looks like a better bargain. Nonetheless, a high end PC such as yours is not necessary for the average user. It is a gamers PC. However, most gamers would just as likely build their own PC unless they find a bargain on a complete PC to good to pass up.

I'd say the $1,400 is a little high. I think $1,300 would be a fairer price, mainly because of the case modding. If someone offers $1,200, I'd certainly take that.

I should also point out that those are only fair prices if nothing has ever been overclocked. If you've done any overclocking, drop another $100 off the price.

I'd try listing it at $1,400 and if it doesn't sell, drop it to $1,300.

I'd also consider taking one of the 5850's and 4GB. of the ram out and selling it separately since you could probably get a bit more that way and offer the system for a lower price to gain more interest with 4gb. and a single 5850 and then get a few hundred for the 4gb. DDR3 and the single 5850. (figure the number of people looking to buy a system with SLId 5850's and 8GB. of RAM is much more limited than a single 5850 and 4GB. of RAM and the RAM and 5850 individually should sell fairly well on thier own !!) - Also if you have the stock Heatsink/fan you might try removing the h50 and sell that seperate also.

Status
Not open for further replies.