BF 2142 Punkbuster problems

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
i originally had installed BF2142 on my laptop(about a year and a half ago)

i had gotten a virus and i had to whipe the computer. I then stopped playing it for a while.

Now i just recently installed it on my new desktop.. but, whenever i am in a game online about thirty seconds or so into it i get kicked from punkbuster...i am assuming due to the fact that i have one serial code on 2 different computers

is there anyway that i can avoid this and play with out having to buy a new copy of the game???

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

There are loads of problems with this..

First of all you need to have latest punkbuster downloaded

what operating system are you using as vista needs tweaking with punkbuster

www.evenbalance.com will help

you need to download

software updates and the player script files for client

I had loads of trouble with this but persevered and it worked

Sinclare

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
gamerk316 is correct. I had the exact same problem and downloading the manual patcher fixed it. Best I remember you download it and put it in the pukbuster directory. When you run it, you select what punk buster games you have and then it updates it's files for those games.

Yournotme

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
You might also want to check EA's website. There is a problem with some of the older Battlefield keys. You have to edit one of the registery keys to make it work. I was having this issue and punkbuster keep kicking me and it was a blank screen. It was due to the key problem. I got the game the day it came out so I have had mine for awhile.

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008

haha bro i would but this thread was so old i cant even remember...

i havent picked up that game in months lol. sorry i couldnt help