reloading programs from old Dell computer

Since MS Works Suite 99 came with my old Dell computer, I want to install it
on my new computer. I don't know that 20 digit Prodouct ID nor can I find the
Certificate of Authenticity that came with the older computer. Any
suggestioons?
3 answers Last reply
More about reloading programs dell computer

    Your old Microsoft Works Suite 99 program that came with your
    old Dell computer is likely an "OEM Version". The license for
    that program cannot be transferred to a different computer. You'll
    need to consider purchasing a new version of Works Suite for your
    new computer.

    Microsoft Works Suite 2005 (also includes Microsoft Word)
    http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=88ef866c-23d8-4105-b196-a3d05a8f7234&type=ovr

    ($99.95 - $20.00 rebate = $79.95) (good value)

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "tlewin" wrote:

    | Since MS Works Suite 99 came with my old Dell computer, I want to install it
    | on my new computer. I don't know that 20 digit Prodouct ID nor can I find the
    | Certificate of Authenticity that came with the older computer. Any
    | suggestioons?

    I saw Works Suite for $50 the other day. So shop around. I
    think it was CompUSA or BestBuy.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in
    message news:%23$$2u4T3EHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    | Your old Microsoft Works Suite 99 program that came with
    your
    | old Dell computer is likely an "OEM Version". The license
    for
    | that program cannot be transferred to a different
    computer. You'll
    | need to consider purchasing a new version of Works Suite
    for your
    | new computer.
    |
    | Microsoft Works Suite 2005 (also includes Microsoft Word)

    http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=88ef866c-23d8-4105-b196-a3d05a8f7234&type=ovr

    | ($99.95 - $20.00 rebate = $79.95) (good value)
    |
    | --
    | Carey Frisch
    | Microsoft MVP
    | Windows XP - Shell/User
    |
    | Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    | ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |
    | "tlewin" wrote:
    |
    || Since MS Works Suite 99 came with my old Dell computer, I
    want to install it
    || on my new computer. I don't know that 20 digit Prodouct
    ID nor can I find the
    || Certificate of Authenticity that came with the older
    computer. Any
    || suggestioons?

    If you still have access to your old Dell and can bring up something like
    Word, Click on HELP and About. It should show you the Product ID.

    HTH

    "tlewin" <tlewin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Since MS Works Suite 99 came with my old Dell computer, I want to install it
    on my new computer. I don't know that 20 digit Prodouct ID nor can I find
    the
    Certificate of Authenticity that came with the older computer. Any
    suggestioons?

Computers Dell Microsoft Windows XP