Lose connection when change usersin Win XP

Using Win 98SE with a D-Link 2100AP on one machine, and a D-Link
DWL-G650 on a laptop running Win XP Pro. No D-Link software on laptop -
wireless connection handled by windows. WPA-PSK TKIP security with 128
bit key. All works great with good range.

Except - when I log off from one user on the laptop and log on to
another, the connection holds for about 5 minutes, then drops. I have
to turn off the card and reinsert it to reestablish the connection,
which stays good, even through turning the laptop on & off, until I
change users.

Is there a way to keep the connection when changing users?

Lance Courtland

Lance Courtland wrote:

> Using Win 98SE with a D-Link 2100AP on one machine, and a D-Link
> DWL-G650 on a laptop running Win XP Pro. No D-Link software on laptop -
> wireless connection handled by windows. WPA-PSK TKIP security with 128
> bit key. All works great with good range.
>
> Except - when I log off from one user on the laptop and log on to
> another, the connection holds for about 5 minutes, then drops. I have
> to turn off the card and reinsert it to reestablish the connection,
> which stays good, even through turning the laptop on & off, until I
> change users.
>
> Is there a way to keep the connection when changing users?
>
> Lance Courtland

You may want to try not using the card's utility to do anything, not even
install it.

You can download the driver for the card and install and configure the card
using the Device Manager.

By selecting *show network connection* when you select the NIC/Properties
at the LAN screen in XP, the connection icon will show signal strength when
mousing over the icon.

You can also disable the Wireless Zero Configuration Service too.

The above may to stabilize the wireless on the machine.

Duane :)