Asus Probe/Bios - 40 C difference!

BastardTom

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
In one of my earlier posts, someone told me not to trust PC Probe when it came to CPU temperature. I can understand that there might be a difference between Probe and the A7N8X Bios Hardware Tools, but a 40 Degree C difference is outrageous! Is there a way to make sure which one is correct? Probe says I am at 42 C and when I restart to load Bios, that temperature jumps to 87 C, what gives?

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Yeh, i have an a7n8x board also and have that problem. It was a bitch to install windows XP cus the board kept shutting itself off. If your box runs stable, doens't reboot, and nothing seems odd, like a reallllllly cold heatsink or a reallllllly hot heatsink, you're probably ok.

BastardTom

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
So far it has booted me once from Max Payne (I do have it on aggressive though). Also, I have my Volcano 9 set manually at 3000 rpms. I will try raising it to 5000 and see what happens then. If I knew for certain that the bios temp was wrong, and that it wasn't probe, I would increase the threshold to compensate. I wish I knew!

<i>To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.</i>