Dimension0

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
Hi,
i have an ASUS P2B-DS Motherboard w/ windows 2000 server installed. I recently purchased an ATI Radeon 9500 Video card and installed it. After the system starts, about 5 mintues later, the monitors flicks as though it's attempting to change frequency and then freezes; sometimes with a blank screen, sometimes with "noise", and sometimes with a slightly skewed display. Often times the sound and mouse will still work..but everything is else is frozen.
The interesting thing is if i set "Control Pannel->Dislplay>Settings>Advance->TroubleShoot->Hardware Acceleration" to None, it does not seem to freeze.
however games are even SLOWER than my orginal Creative Riva TNT card.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

The vendor i bought the card from mentioned that the ASUS P2B-DS had
problems with AGP cards at one
time and that i should download and install the latest AGP drivers.

two questions:
1) How do i know what the current drivers for my AGP and other Chipsets are?
2) Where can i find the latest AGP/chipset drivers for the ASUS P2B-DS
motherboar? I have searched all of ASUS and can't find anything.

thanks in advance, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

thank you

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually "drivers" wouldn't help. I do know that this board was revised at one point to add stability, and Asus actually has the information for modifying it yourself at their site. But I think it sounds more like either a power problem or a heat problem.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>