Personal web manager

geoff

When using iis in Win98se, I could access a Personal Web Manager screen
where I can change the default page to index.asp index.html etc etc. It is
located in the systems directory under inetsrv\pws.exe

Where do I find this in Win XP Pro? I have the server running OK but can't
change the default page settings.

TIA

Geoff.

Hi,

With IIS, you would edit your index or default page using the editor of
choice, the files/"save as" using the alternate extension. IIS just provides
the framework, you provide the content.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Geoff" <somebody@last.needsme> wrote in message
> When using iis in Win98se, I could access a Personal Web Manager screen
> where I can change the default page to index.asp index.html etc etc. It
> is
> located in the systems directory under inetsrv\pws.exe
>
> Where do I find this in Win XP Pro? I have the server running OK but
> can't
> change the default page settings.
>
> TIA
>
> Geoff.

geoff

Thanks, but perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I have no problem supplying
the content for the pages.
..
When I type the address http:\\localhost, I am directed to my home page.
With Win98 PWM, I could define this home page as being index.html or
index.php or default.asp or whatever I want.
With Winxp pro iis, I seem to be stuck with what XP pro has given me. Is
there any way to change this?
Geoff.

On 09/12/2004 Geoff wrote:

> Thanks, but perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I have no problem
> supplying the content for the pages.
> .
> When I type the address http:\\localhost, I am directed to my home
> page. With Win98 PWM, I could define this home page as being
> index.html or index.php or default.asp or whatever I want.
> With Winxp pro iis, I seem to be stuck with what XP pro has given me.
> Is there any way to change this?
> Geoff.

I don't have IIS on this PC now but from memory it was Contol Panel |
Administrative Tools | IIS - you'll need to go through it but you can
set up the default homepage there.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
Posted with XanaNews 1.16.5.2 http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm

Hi,

Open IIS under the admin tools, expand to the primary web directory, right
click and choose properties. Go to the documents tab, I believe this is the
option you were looking for.

--

> Thanks, but perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I have no problem
> supplying
> the content for the pages.
> .
> When I type the address http:\\localhost, I am directed to my home page.
> With Win98 PWM, I could define this home page as being index.html or
> index.php or default.asp or whatever I want.
> With Winxp pro iis, I seem to be stuck with what XP pro has given me. Is
> there any way to change this?
> Geoff.

>> Hi,
>>
>> With IIS, you would edit your index or default page using the editor of
>> choice, the files/"save as" using the alternate extension. IIS just
> provides
>> the framework, you provide the content.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Geoff" <somebody@last.needsme> wrote in message
>> > When using iis in Win98se, I could access a Personal Web Manager screen
>> > where I can change the default page to index.asp index.html etc etc.
>> > It
>> > is
>> > located in the systems directory under inetsrv\pws.exe
>> >
>> > Where do I find this in Win XP Pro? I have the server running OK but
>> > can't
>> > change the default page settings.
>> >
>> > TIA
>> >
>> > Geoff.

geoff

Yes, that's what I wanted. Thanks for all the help.

Geoff.

"Geoff" <somebody@last.needsme> wrote in message
> Thanks, but perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I have no problem
supplying
> the content for the pages.
> .
> When I type the address http:\\localhost, I am directed to my home page.
> With Win98 PWM, I could define this home page as being index.html or
> index.php or default.asp or whatever I want.
> With Winxp pro iis, I seem to be stuck with what XP pro has given me. Is
> there any way to change this?
> Geoff.

> > Hi,
> >
> > With IIS, you would edit your index or default page using the editor of
> > choice, the files/"save as" using the alternate extension. IIS just
> provides
> > the framework, you provide the content.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >
> > "Geoff" <somebody@last.needsme> wrote in message
> > > When using iis in Win98se, I could access a Personal Web Manager
screen
> > > where I can change the default page to index.asp index.html etc etc.
It
> > > is
> > > located in the systems directory under inetsrv\pws.exe
> > >
> > > Where do I find this in Win XP Pro? I have the server running OK but
> > > can't
> > > change the default page settings.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > Geoff.

I have the same problem with Geoff but my OS is XP Pro... cant find or
redirect to localhost... What should I do... please assist...

"Geoff" wrote:

> When using iis in Win98se, I could access a Personal Web Manager screen
> where I can change the default page to index.asp index.html etc etc. It is
> located in the systems directory under inetsrv\pws.exe
>
> Where do I find this in Win XP Pro? I have the server running OK but can't
> change the default page settings.
>
> TIA
>
> Geoff.

Control Panel, Admin Tools, IIS.