kelly

Sky, thank you for your help and sorry that I didn't include more detailed
information in my original post!

Kelly wrote:
> How do you move items in XP to the toolbar?

Hi;

When you minimize a program, the item will appear in the toolbar.

If you mean how to get that item into the right-hand section known as the
System Tray, there isn't a simple way to do this unless the program is coded
to allow it.

If you mean how to get that item to show in the left-hand side known as the
QuickLaunch area, create a shortcut for the program on the Desktop, then
drag/Move that shortcut into the QuickLaunch section. Or right-click an
empty section of the QuickLaunch and select Open Folder, then
drag/create/move the shortcut there. NOTE that you always want to use
shortcuts to programs there, not the programs themselves.

Last, you can create a customized section for the toolbar that contains just
items you want. For that and additional help on the above, see "Add
toolbars to the taskbar" in the Help section.

--

....Sky

======

kelly

Sky, thank you for your help and I am sorry that I didn't include more

Kelly wrote:
> Sky, thank you for your help and sorry that I didn't include more
> detailed information in my original post!

You are certainly welcome. :) Hope one of the scenarios I mentioned was
the answer you wanted.

--

....Sky

======