windows xp home edition

I installed windows xp on both of my computer and now on 1 of them has an
icon by the clock at the bottom of the screen that is counting down. It
states to activate. Come someone tell me what that means and how to correct
this.

Thanks
Shawn
5 answers Last reply
More about windows home edition

    Windows XP requires an individual license (Product Key) for
    each installation on a different computer. Therefore, you will
    need to purchase a new license for each additional installation
    of Windows XP. However, you can use the same Windows XP
    CD to install with a new Product Key.

    In case you overlooked it:

    On the back of the Windows XP box, please read the statement:

    "For installation and use on one computer"
    (see License Agreement for license terms).

    Go to Start >Run box type: WINVER , and hit enter. Then click on the
    "End-User License Agreement" and read it. Your answer
    lies in that agreement.

    You can also open XP's "Help and Support" and type: EULA
    and hit enter. Click on "Questions and answers about the EULA".

    How to obtain additional licenses for Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814175&Product=winxp

    How To Change the Product Key at the Time of Activation
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810892&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "enforcer327" wrote:

    | I installed windows xp on both of my computer and now on 1 of them has an
    | icon by the clock at the bottom of the screen that is counting down. It
    | states to activate. Come someone tell me what that means and how to correct
    | this.
    |
    | Thanks
    | Shawn

    Online Virus and Security Check, by Symantec
    http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym

    Online Pest Scan, by Computer Associates
    http://store.ca.com/v2.0-img/operations/safer/site/ab/promo53025.htm

    Protect Your PC
    www.microsoft.com/protect
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar wrote:
    > Online Virus and Security Check, by Symantec
    > http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym
    >
    > Online Pest Scan, by Computer Associates
    > http://store.ca.com/v2.0-img/operations/safer/site/ab/promo53025.htm
    >
    > Protect Your PC
    > www.microsoft.com/protect

    Replied to the wrong post?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Ted Zieglar wrote:
    > Online Virus and Security Check, by Symantec
    > http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym
    >
    > Online Pest Scan, by Computer Associates
    > http://store.ca.com/v2.0-img/operations/safer/site/ab/promo53025.htm
    >
    > Protect Your PC
    > www.microsoft.com/protect

    Erm, Edward, I fail to see what this has to do with the activaton of one
    licence on two systems! ;o) The 'countdown' is the days to go before the
    grace period expires!

    on salads.

    Yup, that's what happens when I don't read the question all the way through.

    Ted Zieglar

    > Ted Zieglar wrote:
    >> Online Virus and Security Check, by Symantec
    >> http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym
    >>
    >> Online Pest Scan, by Computer Associates
    >> http://store.ca.com/v2.0-img/operations/safer/site/ab/promo53025.htm
    >>
    >> Protect Your PC
    >> www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > Erm, Edward, I fail to see what this has to do with the activaton of one
    > licence on two systems! ;o) The 'countdown' is the days to go before the
    > grace period expires!
    >

    > --
    > Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
    > on salads.

Microsoft Windows XP