multiple preview windows in IE6 / XP

Hello,

the macromedia support seems to have no answer to this, and since it's
happened since one of my XP.pro service pak upgrades, I thought I'd address
it to the XP usenet.

I use macromedia dreamweaver for designing websites, and I use IE6 as my
"preview browser" for checking my progrress on pages as I design. The F12
button automatically opens up IE6 with the current page from Dreamweaver
loaded. Since upgrading to the most recent version of XP pro with the
latest service pack, I get a brand new preview pane opening every time I use
F12 in dreamweaver, so I end up with dozens of windows open and have to
close them all manually - quite frustrating.

I don't think it's a Dreamweaver issue; DW worked fine on other versions of
windows, and no other DW users seem to have this problem.

Does anyone know of any kind of sytem tweak that I might play with to help
remedy this situation?

Thanks for any input...

chuck
1 answer Last reply
More about multiple preview windows

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:59:36 GMT, Chuck Spezzano wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > the macromedia support seems to have no answer to this, and since it's
    > happened since one of my XP.pro service pak upgrades, I thought I'd address
    > it to the XP usenet.
    >
    > I use macromedia dreamweaver for designing websites, and I use IE6 as my
    > "preview browser" for checking my progrress on pages as I design. The F12
    > button automatically opens up IE6 with the current page from Dreamweaver
    > loaded. Since upgrading to the most recent version of XP pro with the
    > latest service pack, I get a brand new preview pane opening every time I use
    > F12 in dreamweaver, so I end up with dozens of windows open and have to
    > close them all manually - quite frustrating.
    >
    > I don't think it's a Dreamweaver issue; DW worked fine on other versions of
    > windows, and no other DW users seem to have this problem.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any kind of sytem tweak that I might play with to help
    > remedy this situation?
    >
    > Thanks for any input...
    >
    > chuck

    Check this setting in Internet Options: On the General page, uncheck the
    box to reuse windows for launching shortcuts. If no luck, check for similar
    settings in Dreamweaver's configuration menus.
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Dreamweaver IE6