multiple preview windows in IE6 / XP

Hello,

the macromedia support seems to have no answer to this, and since it's
happened since one of my XP.pro service pak upgrades, I thought I'd address
it to the XP usenet.

I use macromedia dreamweaver for designing websites, and I use IE6 as my
"preview browser" for checking my progrress on pages as I design. The F12
button automatically opens up IE6 with the current page from Dreamweaver
loaded. Since upgrading to the most recent version of XP pro with the
latest service pack, I get a brand new preview pane opening every time I use
F12 in dreamweaver, so I end up with dozens of windows open and have to
close them all manually - quite frustrating.

I don't think it's a Dreamweaver issue; DW worked fine on other versions of
windows, and no other DW users seem to have this problem.

Does anyone know of any kind of sytem tweak that I might play with to help
remedy this situation?

Thanks for any input...

chuck

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:59:36 GMT, Chuck Spezzano wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the macromedia support seems to have no answer to this, and since it's
> happened since one of my XP.pro service pak upgrades, I thought I'd address
> it to the XP usenet.
>
> I use macromedia dreamweaver for designing websites, and I use IE6 as my
> "preview browser" for checking my progrress on pages as I design. The F12
> button automatically opens up IE6 with the current page from Dreamweaver
> loaded. Since upgrading to the most recent version of XP pro with the
> latest service pack, I get a brand new preview pane opening every time I use
> F12 in dreamweaver, so I end up with dozens of windows open and have to
> close them all manually - quite frustrating.
>
> I don't think it's a Dreamweaver issue; DW worked fine on other versions of
> windows, and no other DW users seem to have this problem.
>
> Does anyone know of any kind of sytem tweak that I might play with to help
> remedy this situation?
>
> Thanks for any input...
>
> chuck

Check this setting in Internet Options: On the General page, uncheck the
box to reuse windows for launching shortcuts. If no luck, check for similar
settings in Dreamweaver's configuration menus.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User