Processor upgrade

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
I have a P3 1.13 running on asus mobo
i want to know if i can upgrade the processor to P31.4ghz
so will i have to reinstall the operating system(win2000 server) and windows xp profesional ?
my mobo alltough supports the upgrade.
and how much will it increase the performance I allready have 1 gig of RAM

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You shouldn't have to do a thing, or even clear BIOS settings. Just plug it in and instantly have a faster computer.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Thank you for advice i will try it.
and if anybody has some chirpy idea for this do send it

:cool: & :eek: is <font color=red> my frame of mind </font color=red>
so enjoy life but!!!!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Here's the rules:

1.) The PIII 1.4 is a Tualatin CPU, your board needs to be a late revision PIII board to support it.
2.) The earlier Coppermine PIII 1.13 was recalled by Intel, therefor in all likelyhood you have a Tualatin core processor, and therefore a board that will support the 1.4
3.) Processor speed has nothing to do with software configuration, the board will detect the new CPU and must run it at the proper speed, with no changes in software.
4.) I'm a refurbisher, been there, done that, over 1000 times. No other advice is needed or would be desired at this point. Just reread #1 and #2.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

DOOM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2001
One tip... if you're using Windows with 1 GB of memory, you should be using Windows 2000 or Windows XP, since Win 9x doesn't do a good job of managing large memory.

-DOOM

<pre>MOV AX,0040
MOV DS,AX
MOV WORD PTR [0072],1234
CLI
JMP FFFF:0000</pre><p>

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
As i said in the previous post that i have dual booting system running WINDOWS2000 SERVER, and WINDOWS XP PROFFESIONAL
so ne need to worry about that
thanks anyway

:cool: & :eek: is <font color=red> my frame of mind </font color=red>
so enjoy life but!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS