About hard drives

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> See:
>
> Description of the FAT32 File System in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310525
>
> Overview of FAT, HPFS, and NTFS File Systems
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=100108
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "CHEESEHEADMAN" CHEESEHEADMAN.1gj14z@pcbanter.net wrote in message
>
> Drive capacity Cluster size
> 0 up to 6 gb 4k
> 6 gb up to 16 gb 8k
> 16 gb up to 32 gb 16k
> 32 gb up to2048 gb 32k
>
> Why do these cluster sizes change as the hard drive size changes?
>
> What are the maximum hard drive sizes for fat16, fat32, and ntfs?
> What causes these limitations to be diferant for each of the fat
> systems?
>
> Thanks CHEESEHEADMAN
>

> --
> CHEESEHEADMAN-
Thanks alot The links told me all I needed to know. I hate to search
the internet you get so many diferent links to check out. This is the
first time I used this forum and it has alot of good information I'll
be coming back again. Again Thanks CHEESEHEADMAN

--
CHEESEHEADMAN

You miss out on quite alot then.. it is good to search and can lead to other
things that you didn't know that you didn't know..