problem with a7n8x cd.

timmie

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
Hey there, I recently built a new box with the a7n8x motherboard. Everything was going fine, got windows xp installed, etc, etc, until I decided to put the cd that comes with the motherboard in the drive.

When I did, it said I needed to install usb 2.0 drivers, and that If I started, I had to continue before restarting or my usb devices would stop working. I figured that would likely not matter since all I have connected at the moment is my VGA, PSU cables and a ps/2 mouse and ps/2 keyboard.

So anyways, the drivers installed fine, and when it said I needed to reboot, I clicked okay.... and the problems arose.

My system never rebooted. Well, it turned itself off, but now for some reason my monitor isn't showing anything at all. No post, nothing but "check signal cable". Obviously, I have already done this (along with all the other things that shouldn't matter but might work), and I am getting nothing. It is like my monitor is not plugged into my comp.

Anyone have any idea what might have happened? or What I should do about it?

in case you are curious, I am running:

A7n8x mb
2 256 sticks of corsair pc2700
Radeon 9000pro
Athlon xp 2100+
twin WD jb 80 gig drives
lite on burner, lite on dvd.

Any ideas at all as to where I should go from here? thanks in advance for any advice on the subject.

CompSci

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Yep - I got problems with mine too!

You see what ya get...
Those AllIn1 Nforce drivers make Windows talk to ya,
"Drivers have not past Windows "Logo" testing - Do Ya Want to Continue"?

The USB 2.0 drivers require XP sp1...
Did ya put the service pack on first!

timmie

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
no, I didn't know that the service pack was needed for the drivers.

Anyone got any advice on getting my system back to square one? What do I have to do to get windows off my system, or anything else really: my linux boot disk, the linux bootable cd, and the windows bootable cd all give me nothing. Without the use of a monitor, I really don't know how to proceed.

CompSci

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
I'm not havin much better luck with my a7n8x...
Although it does seam to run XP pro ok...
I did notice, the "Non-Tested drivers, and they came out and yelled that USB 2.o couldnt be installed - Apply XP service pack 1 to enable USB 2.0...
BUt I didn't check XP out much... seams to run with a full load...

For me, Win 2k server and a reliable video system is tuff...
I just aint dooin it...

TRENDING THREADS