how do you guys feel about the Sis655 chipset?

Bohica

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2001
www.anandtech.com reviews Msi and gigabytes new upcoming sis655 dual ddr chipsets. and there is a couple other sites that review Asuses.

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
It is a wonderful board and SIS it seems have done their homework.
so if anybody wants to buy it its a go ahead but remember that the chipsets is good for economy and above average users.
If you want real performance i think as much as i am surprised by what i am writing Intel has beautiful chipsets and has stolen the chiset race from SIS and the unofficial VIA this time around.
So if performance is your forte then Intel is my answer

:cool: & :eek: is <font color=red> my frame of mind </font color=red>
so enjoy life but!!!!!!

inbr

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2002
I am waiting for the Asus motherboard based on the SIS 655 but, as much as I know, it hasn't been released yet. Could you tell me on which sites you saw anything about it?

As for your question, I think that the SIS 655 chipset is going to take the lead in the performance market for the next six months or so.

Bohica

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2001
i'll have to dig around for it, it doesn't benchmark the asus board, just has pics of it....i honestly don't like the layout of the boards with the awkward places they are putting the ram and ide. which is why i am leaning more torwards the gigabyte board.

Bohica

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2001
i believe the sis655 is a better chipset then the granite bay E7205 (not sure on the numbering) chipset. just because it can run faster ddr. also its going to be cheaper, i didn't like the idea of spending 200+ for the intel chipset and i'm really stoked about this upcoming sis655 chipset.

http://www2.hardwarezone.com/articles/articles.hwz?cid=6&aid=552

theres a little info on the asus board. so far asus, aopen, msi, gigabyte have boards. i have heard abit has one as well.

andlcs

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2002
Review of P4SDX
<A HREF="http://www.amd3d.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=15&page=1" target="_new">HERE</A>

Bohica

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2001
i've never used a asus board because they used to use so many jumpers compared to other brands....untill now... i mainly stick with abit and gigabyte.

TRENDING THREADS