Remembering names and passwords

Even though I have the box checked which asks if you would like to have your
password and name remembered, everytime I come to these pages I have to
retype my name and password. It also doesn't allow me to type the first few
letters and then it finishes the rest. I have done this in the past and all
of a sudden it just stopped.

If you are referring to the checkbox that appears on the web page itself,
asking if you want your logon information to be 'remembered', that feature
uses cookies. You need to enable cookies for this to work. If you are using
cookie management software, you need to set it to accept cookies from the
web site(s) in question.

You can also purchase third-party software that will fill out forms for you
and insert you logon information. There are hundreds of these. I don't use
this myself, so I can't suggest a particular program.
--
Ted Zieglar

"PatK" <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote in message
> Even though I have the box checked which asks if you would like to have
your
> password and name remembered, everytime I come to these pages I have to
> retype my name and password. It also doesn't allow me to type the first
few
> letters and then it finishes the rest. I have done this in the past and
all
> of a sudden it just stopped.

Usually web pages allow you to save the ID by checking a box. The operating
system will allow you to save passwords only if it recognizes a password box.
I've noticed that the NET password or yahoo mail page password never give the
option to save the password. It would be nice to know why.

"PatK" wrote:

> Even though I have the box checked which asks if you would like to have your
> password and name remembered, everytime I come to these pages I have to
> retype my name and password. It also doesn't allow me to type the first few
> letters and then it finishes the rest. I have done this in the past and all
> of a sudden it just stopped.

kjnkjnkjnjnkjnkjnkjnnkj