Crysis Warhead

str8ballistik

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Is it just me or did the story in Crysis Warhead kinda suck in comparison to the first Crysis. Sure the game sort of played better. Personally, I didnt see much of a gain with my rig (amd 5600x2, 2gb ram, 8800gts 640 overclocked to 680:1828) compared to crysis, still got around 25 fps at 1440x900. In crysis you felt more free, and the story didnt feel so linear. I mean crysis was linear, but I felt like I had all the time in the world to explore and take different paths. Idk, I was kinda dissapointed in the story. But the game was awesome nonetheless. I hope the next one they put a lot more effort into the story like they did for crysis. What do you guys think? and did it run better for you guys?

Matt87

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
Well I do agree Crysis was better game play. Warhead is a fun game nonetheless :)

Im more into Crysis Wars anyways now. Nothing funner then doing good online :D

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
I have similar specs, and got similar performance. Head over to Crysis-online.com check out the mods section in the forums. They have a config tweak called CCC 1.2 (Crysis Custom Config) program. Once I ran it, my FPS jumped almost 50%, from 18-25 to 28-35. Visually it looks pretty much the same as Gamer/Enthusiast.

I couldn't care less about stories in games. Nazis, Terrorists, N. Koreans, 13 year old noobs they are all the same to me. Just give me good game play. I haven't finished Warhead, but it is definitely much more fun with higher FPS.

I guess if you want a good story, go read a Harry Potter book!

ibuypower

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008

That's what I liked better was that the guys were easier to kill. I mean you're in a Nano suit for God's sake and they're not. That means they die in 1-2 shot not a whole stinkin clip.

ilovebarny

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
well my biggest problem was that for the most part warhead didnt play better than crysis, and people were saying OHHH it will run on lower end systems better than crysis would. in one part of the game i actually got down too 4FPS on my 9800GTX+ with all settings on MAINSTREAM and 1280x1024. i was really mad. i think it should run on gamer with not too much trouble with my system.

ibuypower

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008

I agree.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Are you sure your computer don't have an underlying problem? 4 fps min on 1280x1024 is way too low, for Crysis or Warhead. It should be in the 30s, at least. :sweat:

screenshot003.jpg

As for gameplay, they intentionally moved away from the strategy and stealth of original Crysis in favor of the running gun style of Call of Duty 4. Yeah, it's fast and furious, but pretty brainless.

ilovebarny

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
i played crysis on medium all the way though. had some rough spots (leaving the ice sphere) and averaged around 28FPS. i started warhead on gamer, and halfway though i had to start lowering the resolution, then the settings then the resolution again. the only time it dipped to 4FPS was entering the ice sphere on the train. normally i got around 30fps, at the beginning but towards the end it got worse. i just downloaded that crysis benchmarking program, ill have to give it a try. i also downloaded this CCC program referenced earlier.