Sign in with
Your question

My mic won't pick up my Voice

Last response: in Windows 7
August 23, 2010 7:13:48 AM

Okay so I have windows 7 64-bit with realtek on board sound and i can't get my mic to work and as i and my friend try to fix it we realize that that mic won't pick up my voice but my friends hear what i hear on the pc for example if i put a music on the pc from youtube my friend will hear the music but not my voice, i have a Razer Carcharias headset and yes i plugged it right and i even tried on my dad's laptop he has vista and it worked fine. And FYI my mic worked perfectly before but all the sudden it stop working, one dad my pc crashed because the graphics card got loose and i turned it back on and i realize my mic is not working anymore. I Pretty much did almost all the procedures, but PLEASE HELP and Will buying a sound resolve this problem, by sound card i mean a actually sound card or a external usb 1, it depends on which i can afford.

More about : mic pick voice

a b \ Driver
a c 254 $ Windows 7
August 23, 2010 1:48:06 PM

I hate to ask, but is your mic enabled in your Volume Mixer? And is it enabled in Control Panel/Sound/Recording? Check those before spending money on a new sound card.

Last, if you are using Realtek's sound manager application (the name of it escapes me at the moment), make sure it has the mic enabled as well.

Good luck!
m
l
December 19, 2012 9:15:50 AM

Exactly what happened to my PC. and yes, everything is enabled :( 
m
l
!