unable to download a file

I try to download a file , the last reference to it I see is
ftp.gameplanet.co.nz , then the page remains for 5 seconds then a '
cannot find the page ' internet explorer page comes onto the screen .
I would think it would be a security problem of mine , because I read
barely anything about how to use Windows Xp . And I can not find a specific
reference to this in the XP Windows Help .
oooh ! just thought to look under internet Explorer ! .....will do ....
Can you help me here please ?
--
signature..... um ..... yes .....signature.....

That is not a valid FTP site.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Umwhat" wrote:

| I try to download a file , the last reference to it I see is
| ftp.gameplanet.co.nz , then the page remains for 5 seconds then a '
| cannot find the page ' internet explorer page comes onto the screen .
| I would think it would be a security problem of mine , because I read
| barely anything about how to use Windows Xp . And I can not find a specific
| reference to this in the XP Windows Help .
| oooh ! just thought to look under internet Explorer ! .....will do ....
| Can you help me here please ?
| --
| signature..... um ..... yes .....signature.....

What tells you ftp.gameplanet.co.nz is not a valid FTP site please ,
like what would tell me ?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> That is not a valid FTP site.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Umwhat" wrote:
>
> | I try to download a file , the last reference to it I see is
> | ftp.gameplanet.co.nz , then the page remains for 5 seconds then a '
> | cannot find the page ' internet explorer page comes onto the screen .
> | I would think it would be a security problem of mine , because I read
> | barely anything about how to use Windows Xp . And I can not find a specific
> | reference to this in the XP Windows Help .
> | oooh ! just thought to look under internet Explorer ! .....will do ....
> | Can you help me here please ?
> | --
> | signature..... um ..... yes .....signature.....

Works for me, though I don't have the username and password - doesn't accept
anonymous logons.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/