Still trying to get my Zip drive to function consistently after the upgrade
from Millennium to XP Pro.

Saw something strange in a couple of places. There is a port labeled LPT
1.5 in the registry along with the usual LPT 1. Also see LPT 1.5 mentioned
in a dialog box within Device Manager. Also my Zip drive is showing up
under Disks in Device Manager and also under Storage. Any ideas on this?

Have you checked on the Zip drive maker's site for driver
updates and info on the port?

"Silver Surfer" <h.mcguffinspamouflage@comcast.net> wrote in
message news:CbKdndT4DdhiHyfcRVn-pQ@comcast.com...
| Still trying to get my Zip drive to function consistently
after the upgrade
| from Millennium to XP Pro.
|
| Saw something strange in a couple of places. There is a
port labeled LPT
| 1.5 in the registry along with the usual LPT 1. Also see
LPT 1.5 mentioned
| in a dialog box within Device Manager. Also my Zip drive
is showing up
| under Disks in Device Manager and also under Storage. Any
ideas on this?

Yes, I got the latest driver from Iomega's site, although it appears that
Windows is using its own driver.

Is there such a thing as a decimal port? I've heard of LPT1, LPT2, and
LPT3, but never a 0.5.

> Have you checked on the Zip drive maker's site for driver
> updates and info on the port?

> "Silver Surfer" <h.mcguffinspamouflage@comcast.net> wrote in
> message news:CbKdndT4DdhiHyfcRVn-pQ@comcast.com...
> | Still trying to get my Zip drive to function consistently
> after the upgrade
> | from Millennium to XP Pro.
> |
> | Saw something strange in a couple of places. There is a
> port labeled LPT
> | 1.5 in the registry along with the usual LPT 1. Also see
> LPT 1.5 mentioned
> | in a dialog box within Device Manager. Also my Zip drive
> is showing up
> | under Disks in Device Manager and also under Storage. Any
> ideas on this?

Not that I know of, but a Google for "LPT 1.5" might find an
answer.

"Silver Surfer" <h.mcguffinspamouflage@comcast.net> wrote in
message news:SPudnaL_WI92BCfcRVn-oQ@comcast.com...
| Yes, I got the latest driver from Iomega's site, although
it appears that
| Windows is using its own driver.
|
| Is there such a thing as a decimal port? I've heard of
LPT1, LPT2, and
| LPT3, but never a 0.5.

in message
| > Have you checked on the Zip drive maker's site for
driver
| > updates and info on the port?
| >

| > --
| >

| > "Silver Surfer" <h.mcguffinspamouflage@comcast.net>
wrote in
| > message news:CbKdndT4DdhiHyfcRVn-pQ@comcast.com...
| > | Still trying to get my Zip drive to function
consistently
| > after the upgrade
| > | from Millennium to XP Pro.
| > |
| > | Saw something strange in a couple of places. There is
| > port labeled LPT
| > | 1.5 in the registry along with the usual LPT 1. Also
see
| > LPT 1.5 mentioned
| > | in a dialog box within Device Manager. Also my Zip
drive
| > is showing up
| > | under Disks in Device Manager and also under Storage.
Any
| > ideas on this?
| > |
| > |