1000 in 1 Jamma Question

Michael T

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
Hi I’m new to arcade but was hoping you could help me. I have a 1000 in 1 jamma board (which is actually a PC setup) running in an LAI cab (Australian) which originally came with SFII. The board boots up fine and by changing one of the dip switched I’m able to scroll through and select my desired games without putting credit in, how ever it’s there that I run into an issue. My machine didn’t come with a coin mech installed so I’m unable to obtain credits (the old fashioned way), It has a credit button in it, which works fine for SFII but when trying to use it to get credit on the 1000 in 1 board it doesn’t work at all.

I’ve tried this board in a friends machine (also with no coin mech) and it works fine (friend also has an LAI cab, but was originally for TMNT 4-player)… I”ve written down the pin outs on my machines jamma harness as I assume the issue lies in there?

The pin outs that actually appear to be used in my machine are as follows (the ones with the *** are the ones that are not connected).

PARTS (TOP) SIDE SOLDER (BOTTOM) SIDE
GND 1 | A GND
GND 2 | B GND
+5V 3 |C +5V
+5V 4 | D +5V
-5V 5 | E -5V
+12V 6 | F +12V
***KEY 7 | G ***KEY
***COIN COUNTER #1 8 | H ***COIN COUNTER #2
***LOCKOUT COIL #1 9 | I ***LOCKOUT COIL #2
SPEAKER (+) 10 | J SPEAKER (-)
AUDIO (+) [PRE-AMP] 11 | K AUDIO GND [PRE-AMP]
VIDEO RED 12 | L VIDEO GREEN
VIDEO BLUE 13 | M VIDEO SYNC (COMPOSITE SYNC)
VIDEO GND 14 | N SERVICE SWITCH [OPTIONAL] ***
TEST SWITCH 15 | O ***TILT SWITCH
COIN SWITCH #1 16 | P COIN SWITCH #2
1P START 17 | Q 2P START
1P UP 18 | R 2P UP
1P DOWN 19 | S 2P DOWN
1P LEFT 20 | T 2P LEFT
1P RIGHT 21 | U 2P RIGHT
1P BUTTON A 22 | V 2P BUTTON B
1P BUTTON B 23 | W 2P BUTTON B
1P BUTTON C 24 | X 2P BUTTON C
***[1P BUTTON D] 25 | Y [2P BUTTON D]
(UNUSED) 26 | Z ***(UNUSED)
***GND 27 | AA ***GND
***GND 28 | BB ***GND

Would I be correct in guessing that the fact that neither of the "coin counter pins" (H & 8) are connected is what’s causing me an issue? If so could you please advise the best way to resolve this? Can I just connect a toggle switch (like my current credit button) to these 2 pin outs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Belinda

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
Can't say i know anything about your problem and i can't remember seeing anything mentioned like this on here.
You might try asking over on http://www.gameex.net/
Get a load on there that have arcade cabs and use jamma boards and other such boards.

Felices80s

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Michael T,

I've this exact problem, I've just a 10xx-in-1 and I'm having problems because the board is unable to detect the signals of the coin mech.

It's an electronic mech, for this reason I was told that the cause could be that the signal pulse was to quick, but I replaced the electronic mech for a mechanical one and the multigame didn't get the credit anyway. Then I tried pushing directly the service button that there is inside the cabinet side to side with the coin counter and video adjustments, but it didn't worked either.

Finally I did a last try. I wired an external push button for the coin pins, that drift the pin 16 of the Jamma directly to GND. This external button didn't worked with your multigame but it does with any other PCB or game.

In short, I can assure that the multigame has some problem with the "coin insert pin", it just doesn't work.

I've tried four "coin sources" (electronic mech, mechanical mech, service credit button, and an external wired pushbutton). I've tried four PCBs (simple jamma, neo geo mvs, multigame 48-in-1 and 60-in-1, and 1069-in-1), and all the combinations worked right, detecting the coins and the credit button, except with the multigame 1069-in-1 that is not able to detect any of the four "coin sources".

I'm waiting for a solution from the seller, but it seems that these multigames can have problems with the credit detections.

By the way, did you find some way to fix your problem?

Latest posts