windows media player 10

December 12, 2004 12:33:02 AM

After installing the SP2, my window media player 10 states that there is No
CD burner detected. I uninstalled SP2 and window media player 10 was fine and
I was able to burn cd's. I reinstalled the SP2 again, and I can't burn cd's
because I still get the same message, No CD burner has been detected. Is
there any way to get around this? This problem only came about with my cd
burner after the installation of the SP2. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you.

More about : windows media player

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 6:55:31 PM

Hi VSiliuce,

Have a look at this MSKB article:

Your CD-RW drive is not recognized as a rewritable drive in Windows XP
Service Pack 2 or in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883523

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod