windows media player 10

After installing the SP2, my window media player 10 states that there is No
CD burner detected. I uninstalled SP2 and window media player 10 was fine and
I was able to burn cd's. I reinstalled the SP2 again, and I can't burn cd's
because I still get the same message, No CD burner has been detected. Is
there any way to get around this? This problem only came about with my cd
burner after the installation of the SP2. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows media player

    Hi VSiliuce,

    Have a look at this MSKB article:

    Your CD-RW drive is not recognized as a rewritable drive in Windows XP
    Service Pack 2 or in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883523

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "VSiliuce" <VSiliuce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing the SP2, my window media player 10 states that there is
    No
    > CD burner detected. I uninstalled SP2 and window media player 10 was fine
    and
    > I was able to burn cd's. I reinstalled the SP2 again, and I can't burn
    cd's
    > because I still get the same message, No CD burner has been detected. Is
    > there any way to get around this? This problem only came about with my cd
    > burner after the installation of the SP2. Any suggestions would be greatly
    > appreciated. Thank you.

Burner CD-Rom Media Player Windows XP