TUSL2-M need help please

damianfaye

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2003
Hello.

I am about to buy a new mobo to install my just bought Celeron 1.4 Ghz. I've bee doing some searching, and the first one to come out was the Asus TUSL2-M.
Since I have to buy a Micro-ATX mobo, my options are limited. I just don't want to spend a lot of $$$ in a new case, since later on I will get a new Creative Labs sound card to watch DVDs.

Anyway, I'm looking for:

Micro-ATX mobo (Don't want to get a new case)

CNR/AMR slot (To put my actual modem)

4X AGP Slot (To get a more decent card than my actual GeForce4 MX440 PCI)

Audio onboard (AC' 97, or other) I will get a NEW sound card LATER ON.

As many PCIs as I can, usually 2 or 3 are available.
I need them to plug my new sound card and my actual LAN card.

However, is it recommended to use the onboard LAN card? Does it take too much CPU power?

As far as I searched, the ASUS TUSL2-M is the best product I can get, but I have to deal with something before getting it: GETTING IT. I can't find ANYWHERE!! Does anybody know an online store to buy this product??

Well... I guess that's it. If somebody has a better motherboard option, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Thanks in advance, Leo.

PS: Does a 100 Mhz FSB CPU overclocked at 133 performs the same than a 133 Mhz FSB non-overclocked one? What about the cooling? Is the Intel's fan enough?

PS2: If somebody knows a better motherboard, or another one that could work fine, please don't hesitate to tell me. I'll be glad to listen.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by damianfaye on 02/17/03 09:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's a great board. While I believe the BX chipset to be better, I can't recommend any specific BX chipset boards that have full bus speed controll in the mATX form factor, and the BX would require an adapter.

I run a Celeron 1100@1466 on my BX board through a Slot-T adapter. Bus speed is a REAL performance problem for the Celeron, my 1100@1466 is much faster than my 1200@1480 was. You'll never get a 1400 to 133MHz bus speed, that would be 1866MHz!

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

damianfaye

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2003
Oh...So...would 1866 be...too much???
I guess so.

But where can I get that motherboard? I'm looking everytwhere but nobody seems to even have it in their catalogs!

damianfaye

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2003
Do you know where I can buy it?
I'm looking everywhere, online stores, retail stores, but it's nowhere.

Could you give me name of huge motherboard sellers?

Thanks a lot

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The only i815E chipset boards that support the Tualatin are those which say they do. i815E was released 1 year before the Tualatin was released, so their are older boards that don't. In fact, most boards are of the older variety. Meaning you have to check the manufacturers webpage to see.

For instance, the CUSL2-M became the TUSL2-M when Asus rewired the socket for Tualatin support (Hence the T, for Tualatin, as opposed to the C, for Coppermine).

Did you try Newegg and Googlegear?

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>